• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft feelers

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Reaction score
So Im looking to re-shaft the Tour Burner.

Been playing the VS-Proto in all my drivers lately. I like the shaft and all just looking to try something else. Need something in the 65-75gm range in a stiff flex.

Going to play the driver at 44 or 44.5 inch range.

Also a question I've always thought about, is there a maximum or number of times you should stay around as to how many times you can reshaft a driver?

Im not going to re-shaft it a million times. Im obviously going to demo the shafts I decide on before I put it in. Just wondering if there could be damage due to the changes.

Good name for a thread.

I think the Superquad was the driver that saw the most reshafts that I've had. Pretty sure that had 5 shaft pulls when I sold it as head only for the last time. It didn't hurt it performance wise but it had some blue from getting heat so many times. If you are going to do a few a Taylormade is one of the best heads to do it with. All titianium and a shallow insertion depth. I could probably pull a shaft heating it with a lighter.

I have a few heads I have reshafted at least 15 times each. As long as you are careful and know what the hell you are doing you can reuse the head an infinite aount of times.

Just wanting to try something else when you have a shaft that works for you will be the end of you.

Just wanting to try something else when you have a shaft that works for you will be the end of you.

You're probably right. I'm keeping the combo that I'm playing well together. The Nike 5000 with the VS-Proto is staying together.

Im just looking to change out the stock shaft in the Tour Burner. It's 45.5" and my Nike 5000 which I'm hitting great is 44. So unless my logic is flawed I'm looking for a shaft that will play 44 in the Tour Burner. Or a new one that I can cut down, obviously.

I have a few heads I have reshafted at least 15 times each. As long as you are careful and know what the hell you are doing you can reuse the head an infinite aount of times.

That's definitely what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks,
Lyle

I like the VS as well. Drop a TP Speeder 757 in that bad boy.

Thanks EZ, I'll shop around for one.

I've actually thought about the 757 and wanted to try one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301