• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft weighting help????

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Reaction score
Whats the best way to add weight to a driver shaft?

I have a very fast swing and with lighter shafts I tend to come over the top every now and then. I'm eventually gonna get a heavier shaft for my driver but in the mean time I would like to add some tempory weight to my V2. I know you can get tip weights or Tungsten powder and cork it into the tip of the shaft but if it's to help prevent the OTT swing would it be better to have the weight nearer my hands like a back weight or lead strips under the grip or would that make the club feel lighter to swing?

If you are just trying to add weight, and the swingweight is already at least a D3, then I think you might want to add BOTH tip and butt weight.

Lead or tungsten powder and a cork are good if you don't want to pull the head. You can do this by just removing the grip. You will need a ramrod.

And with graphite shafts you will have to sand down the corners of the plastic butt weight ports to make them fit. I did this for my Cobra to reduce the swingweight from D3to D0 and it has made a world of difference for me.

Easiest temporary solution would be to put some lead tape on the head and around the shaft near the grip.

Are you trying to get a Kenny Perry like swing? :D

Tip weighting is going to make the shaft play softer to flex (heavier head), right Lyle? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520