• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot Of The Day

fisher

Reaction score
It seems almost every round has that one shot or two that keeps you coming back. What was your shot of the day today?

I will start.

Short par-4. Perfect tee shot. Chunked the second shot like an idiot. I was left with a 20 yard pitch to a short sided front pin position and a shot where I would need to carry it to the fringe with a ton of spin to stop it. Hit a low spinner with a 56* and pulled it off perfect. The ball landed exactly on my mark. One bounce then it checked and rolled 3 feet and dropped softly into the cup for an unlikely bird.

Post your shot of the day from today.

For me it was the drive I posted in the other thread, planets aligned or something to allow a 297 yd drive.

Awesome shot. Mine was on Friday. Played a round with my brother in laws.

7th hole, short Par 4 @ 349 yards. Hit my drive smack in middle of the fairway about 250 yds. used my gap wedge on the second shot and nailed it perfect length but 4 feet left. Made the put for birdie.

Granted, to some, birdies are nothing but hard to come by for me. been golfing for almost 3 years now playing less than 10 rounds a year. One eagle in my golfing career so far and maybe 5 birdies. That is what keeps me coming back, actually executing my shot the way I planned.

Today I got on in 2 on a par 5 playing 3w then 3w. Left the eagle putt a wee bit short, but happily tapped in the bird.
I know I know... never leave an eagle putt short. Running it past was death though. Would've resulted in par or bogey if I ran it even 1' past.

Mine was the very last one I took... I left 17 green in a foul mood bc I wasted a nice tee shot with awful chipping and a 3putt for an ugly double. 18 is a 360 yd par 4 with way too many overhanging trees - I bagged my 3i today bc this course has a lot of tight tee shots and I've been fighting the driver swing lately. I blistered the 3i (for me anyway) down the left side about 210-215 - it kicked left under overhanging branches - I delofted an 8i trying to scoot it up to the green but stay under the branches. Almost worked as it ran out of gas on the fringe a few feet short of the green.

I was hoping to run my chip close and get out of town with a finishing par... I often chip with a 7 or 8 provided I'm real close to the green, bc I too often chunk short shots with my wedges. I use the 7 & 8 as juiced up putters basically. So, I get the 8i rolling on a nice line but it was a touch hotter than I wanted... about 3 feet out, I knew it was center-cut but I didn't know if it would drop or hit the pin and ricochet off... Thankfully, it hit and went straight down the cup - allowing me to finish off a frustrating day (an 87 with too many missed short putts) with my only bird...

Nothing better than walking to the car after chipping in for bird... you actually think you know what the hell you're doing out there :D

15th Hole par 4 at Pecan Hollow, in Plano:

Good medium size pond in front of the tee, I kinda duff-line drive a 6 Iron shot,

ball takes two skips on the water,over the bank and ends up a solid 60, maybe 70 yards past the pond.

hehehehe

Hit a drive right and the wind took it further right. Way uphill, like 50-60 feet to the green surrounded by bunkers. I hit a 5iron with a hold cut and dropped right on top of the stick. 2 feet for birdie.

Last time I played was last Tuesday. Took my 9 year old son out for his first round on a 'real course'. It's an executive style Par 62 course... so not quite full length or anything, and he was playing from PGA Family tees which ranged from 60 yards to 238 yards, depending on the hole.

First hole, I hit a horrible 3 wood up the right side, short of the fairway. Completely got underneath it and popped it up. I still had about 230 to the green... so I just put a 5 iron back into the fairway up the left side.

After watching my son swing and miss a bunch of times, I calmed him down and he started to advance the ball, little by little. Once he reached 10 strokes, I had him pick it up and told him we'd put it on the green.

I got over my ball and had 75 yards to the pin, over a bunker and uphill. I couldn't see the cup and didn't know how far from the back of the green it was. I used my SW and took a nice, smooth swing at it. The ball left the club perfectly on line... but once it disappeared over the bunker, I had no idea where it ended up.

We got to the green and didn't see the ball, so I figured I flew it too far and it was over the back in the rough. My son and I started searching, but couldn't find it. I KNEW it was on line but I couldn't find the ball. I looked at the green and I spotted a pitchmark about 7 feet in front of the cup.

For the hell of it, I peeked into the cup... and there was my ball. Birdie! I called my son over and he saw the ball and started jumping up and down about it.

It was cool because of the fact that I dropped it from 75 yards, but it was cooler because my son was there.

I've been playing since I was 13 years old. I'm 30 now. In the 17+ years I've played, I've only had this happen one other time, and to this day, I don't believe it happened.

It was a par 5 - 505 yards. I was playing alone that day and had a group of 3 guys in front of me. The starter wanted me paired with them, but they preferred to play alone. No big deal, it would give me time to enjoy the course. My tee shot on that hole was a rocket... up to that point, the best of my life. About 280 yards right up the middle. I never was (and still am not) a big hitter. My typical drive was about 220... and now, a typical drive is about 235. So, for a tee shot like that... I was pleased. It gave me a shot at the green from about 225 away.

I pulled my 3 wood and smacked the ball. It had my typical left to right flight, but it was in the direction of the green. There was a fairway bunker in my line of sight that made the shot blind. I just knew it was in the general direction of where I wanted it to be.

When I got up to the green, I couldn't find the ball. Anywhere. There was no pitch mark on the green or anything, so I figured it must have missed to the left and was in the fescue. The group in front of me asked what I was looking for. I told them I couldn't find my ball... and they said to look in the cup. My ball was there. It would have been an albatross... but I didn't believe that the ball found its way there without some 'help'.

They were a group of college-aged kids and I think they were just messing with me. I didn't count it as a 2... I went back and replayed the shot. I topped my 3 wood, then punched it on with a 9 iron and 2 putted for my par.

Not knowing has always bothered me... but the shot last Tuesday, although it was only a birdie... made up for it.

Good thread.

CY

Yesterday... 3rd hole. Duck hook tee shot into hazard. Can't find the ball. Drop 2, hit 3 on to a little hill just off the green to the left. Left about a 60 ft. chip shot... holed it for par ;)

Well this happened a couple weeks ago and was actually the shot of my life...Par 5...Crushed a great drive...next shot is 3 wood into the green..well there is a LARGE hickory tree about 15-20 yeards to the right of the green...of course I blocked my 3 wood a little...hits the tree and bounces toward the green...get to the green and cant find ball...look in hole and there it is...luckiest shot I ever hit...only double eagle I have ever had...(only had about 10 eagles)...my brotherinlaw cussed me the rest of the round...didnt help to much as I still shot 87....

Last time out I was hitting wedge shots all day that Tiger and Phil would have been proud of. 12th hole I hit a 56º from about 85 out that landed about a foot in front of the pin, bounced past it and then backed up to 6 inches away. Tapped in for the bird.

Honestly after the slump I had been in, I considered nearly every shot my "shot of the day" last time around. Hitting the green on both par 3s (inside 4 feet on the first one) probably tied for my favorites, though.

Today on the 18th hole playing from the tipps. Tee shot left a poor angle under some branches 148 from the front of the green. I had to keep it low and hook it 20 yards to get it onto the green. I actually overhooked the shot but got it pin high on the green. 2-putted for parr.

Today, hole 9, par 5. Third shot, I had 100 yards to go, pulled A wedge. Hit a perfect 3/4 that landed one foot past and one foot right of the pin. Took a large bounce front, and then pulled back to pin high. I could have knocked in the putt with my ding dong, and I have a small ding dong!

Tonight for our final hole we played the Par Five 6th hole from the Lady's tees which makes it a monster 496 yard par four for people who want a challenge. Perfect tee shot. I had 191 yards in for my approach into a slight breeze to an elevated green. Hit a perfect 4 iron, pin high right of the hole and two putted from there to win the hole.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520