• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SK Fiber Shaft Help

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I want to grab a shaft for my Adams BUL in case I don't like the one in it. SWMBO has started bitching about my 'hoing (she'll forget about it soon... :D) so I'm thinking the price is right on these and will try one.

Lyle and/or indacup....

I have had fantastic luck with the BB Solutions stiff so which one would probably be most similar, Tour Trac 80 or Pure Energy?

And if anyone besides Lyle plays these what are your thoughts?

Thanks....

:D

only one i've tried is the Tour Trac 100. i love it, but you have no chance with it, old timer. :laugh:

now, in all seriousness....

you and MGP seem to have close to similar tastes, and he hits his TT80 as good as anything, so I'd say to go for that.

should make a great looking combo when paired with that head.

I love the TT80 stiff paired with a CT250 head. It was the best of all the driver/shaft combos I hit all year.

The TT80 has a mid-kick and feels very smooth, not unlike the BB Solution 130. To me, the TT80 Stiff plays a little to the soft side of stiff and I have mine untipped as suggested by the SK Fiber web site. Don't let the weight of the shaft put you off either, I can't tell any difference in swing weight between it and the VS Proto 65S in the same CT250 head. I like it well enough that I bought another one to try in a Golfsmith SR-460 head I bought on closeout (cheapie driver ho :D)

This shaft works really really well if you just swing smooth and easy. With my swing speed (~100 mph) it loads and unloads very nicely. When I did put a 110% swing on it I never felt like the head was out of control or I was overpowering the shaft. It's a real nice shaft, especially for the money. For $20 or so you can't go wrong, IMO. You should give it a try.

:idhitit:

Oh wait, I do. :laugh:

I just read where this plays like a YS-6+. If so I'll look for something else. :(

Accra T Series? :D :D

TourSwing Vengeance Tour or SL? Anyone try that yet?

I played the Vengence Tour for a few days. Its very Creation-esque. I wasnt a huge fan, but a pretty stout feeling shaft. if you decide on the vengence, go R flex. I hit the S flex, and felt I couldn't load it properly, this coming from somebody at the PGA show glot clocked at 114.2 over 20 shots on trackman.

I played the Vengence Tour for a few days. Its very Creation-esque. I wasnt a huge fan, but a pretty stout feeling shaft. if you decide on the vengence, go R flex. I hit the S flex, and felt I couldn't load it properly, this coming from somebody at the PGA show glot clocked at 114.2 over 20 shots on trackman.

Did you sell that Tour? :idhitit:

R35

I have had fantastic luck with the BB Solutions stiff so which one would probably be most similar, Tour Trac 80 or Pure Energy?

I think would highly recommend getting away from a shaft that you have had "fantastic luck" with. :laugh:

Did you sell that Tour? :idhitit:

R35

Well, T, if he couldn't hit it at 114, there is no way in h-e double hockey sticks I'm going to be able to. I'll give you a buzz if the shaft doesn't work for me.

The pure energy is a far better shaft than the TT80. The pure energy is without a doubt the smoothest feeling shaft I have ever hit.

Well, T, if he couldn't hit it at 114, there is no way in h-e double hockey sticks I'm going to be able to. I'll give you a buzz if the shaft doesn't work for me.

I'll give it a go. Pff, women...:laugh:

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35