• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SMT durometer wedges

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
I got one of these in a 51* a while ago and did a sick grind on it. I'm planning on giving the whole head a brushed/satin finish so I don't have to polish the grind areas so much. I will post some pics when I get my new camera in a couple weeks.

I got a rifle spinner for it from Rock, never tried one of these before. I'm thinking it might be a little soft, but we'll see how it goes after I've hit it and seen the ballflight.

This leads me to my predicament. If anybody is familiar with these wedges, you will notice that they have a plastic insert, right where one would bend the hosel. I was planning to have this club bent to 54*, and I didn't even take that into consideration. If I get it bent, is this insert going to fall out, get distorted, etc.?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anybody know about that insert?

I'll bet you can get a quick answer here -> [email protected]

Thanks. Not sure why I didn't just email them in the first place. I got some good info. I would recommend SMT based on their customer service alone. My email was returned in 15 minutes and they have offered to bend my wedge for free. Hope they like my grind. :shocked:

Thanks. Not sure why I didn't just email them in the first place. I got some good info. I would recommend SMT based on their customer service alone. My email was returned in 15 minutes and they have offered to bend my wedge for free. Hope they like my grind. :shocked:

Cool. Did they say it might fall out? I have a 59° that I don't need bent at all, but I'd hate to go have the loft/lie corrected one day and have the little doobie fall out.

Cool. Did they say it might fall out? I have a 59° that I don't need bent at all, but I'd hate to go have the loft/lie corrected one day and have the little doobie fall out.

They didn't say anything about it, but seeing as they bend them at their headquarters all the time, I will assume it is a non-issue.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking