• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So what happens...

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Reaction score
Now that the golf season is winding down for the northerners, what happens to the activity level on these golf sites? I've never been through a yearly golf forum cycle before, but I would assume those who are not playing golf probably wouldn't be too involved in the offseason.

You are welcome to live vicariously through me and Dave.

:smilie_cl

I'll do my best to update everyone on my indoor training. I'll also be playing some hockey to keep in shape, i'm sure everyone is all over that.

Failing all of that, i'll start a hobby of burning things down, or stealing cars. I'll let everyone here know how each event went.

I mean, that's the least I could do, right? :)

R35

buddha33 said:
Now that the golf season is winding down for the northerners, what happens to the activity level on these golf sites? I've never been through a yearly golf forum cycle before, but I would assume those who are not playing golf probably wouldn't be too involved in the offseason.

You are welcome to live vicariously through me and Dave.

:smilie_cl
Buddha. I am ashamed of you. These things are about relationships, not dimpled balls and scored metal heads on a stick. Actually, I'm not ashamed of you. I've just been looking for a way to work dimpled balls and a scored head into the forum without Sling banning me. But this is about relationships.

If things don't improve a little, it's not going to matter that I can play year round. May as well head up north to steal cars. I guess I could lose the avatar title after Sunday, but the truth is I didn't do anything consistently enough to know what to replace it with. Par followed by double followed by birdie followed by triple. My lousy short term memory should come in very handy this week.

One thing I'm sure of though is that I can speak with authority on the dangers of taking swing thoughts to the golf course. :blowup:

On a lighter note, our club championship is this Thur. & Fri. Looks like I'll be taking by C game. :thumbup:

bdcrowe said:
Buddha. I am ashamed of you. These things are about relationships, not dimpled balls and scored metal heads on a stick. Actually, I'm not ashamed of you. I've just been looking for a way to work dimpled balls and a scored head into the forum without Sling banning me. But this is about relationships.

I feel ya. I guess I didn't look at it from that perspective.

But you still need some substance to drive the conversation. I'm not sure I want to hear about what Aunt Gertrude got you for Christmas.

If you're serious about this new hobby thing, I could use a 2002-2003 Lexus. Lemme know.

BTW, balls and metal should not be mentioned in the same sentence. What kind of freaks get the Prince Albert piercing.....geeesh.

bdcrowe said:

What if you had said scored metal balls and dimpled heads?

We Irishmen play in all conditions. Luckily snow never really sits here beside the sea, and the links terrain means it is always relatively dry underfoot, but it gets interesting when you hands are so cold that you cannot feel the club, and the rain hurts yer face. I mean that really sorts out the men from the boys.

We play in our Winter League for Turkeys on Sats / Suns. The honour of going out "hunting" for the Christmas dinner, and then banging on about it all Christmas afternoon, after the missus has spent about 10 hours getting it ready. Sitting in front of a roaring fire with the FiL draining brandy or some other leathal concoction which discussing how hard we worked on the course to win it, aahhh, that's what Winter Golf is all about. :xxrotflma

buddha33 said:
If you're serious about this new hobby thing, I could use a 2002-2003 Lexus. Lemme know.

BTW, balls and metal should not be mentioned in the same sentence. What kind of freaks get the Prince Albert piercing.....geeesh.

I have a Prince Albert. It ain't no thang. Chicks dig it. :yellow:

Lexus hey? What colour and model? Are you paying gas to Sunnytown, USA?

I might start building some clubs this winter. Give it a go, anyways. I mean, what can go wrong, right?. :thumbup:

R35

rockford35 said:
I have a Prince Albert. It ain't no thang. Chicks dig it. :yellow:

Lexus hey? What colour and model? Are you paying gas to Sunnytown, USA?

I might start building some clubs this winter. Give it a go, anyways. I mean, what can go wrong, right?. :thumbup:

R35

A) Are you serious?
B) Ouch........I don't get it. But if the lady likes it, it's all good.

Black GX470. Playstation in the back please.

A) no way
B) even without the Prince Albert, even your lady would like it. :thumbup:

Playstation? You mackin' with this car?

Standard or Auto? Wheel upgrades? Lowered? Performance exhaust/suspension/filter charger/sound system/engine mods?

Let me know. I need to know these things.

R35

As long as you will be out there anyway....... :thumbup:

rockford35 said:
Standard or Auto? Wheel upgrades? Lowered? Performance exhaust/suspension/filter charger/sound system/engine mods?

- Standard
- 18's with alloy rims
- Nope
- Nope
- Nope
- Nope
- Alpine deck with Lanzar tweeters and mids run by 1000 watt 4 channel amp.
Throw in 2-10" Kicker Solo Barrick subs while you're at it. Make sure I have TW2005 pre-loaded for the PS2.

thanks in advance---

Awwwww!!!

I just sold one of those. Cripes!

I am in the market for a new car (seriously). I need a 4 door so i can take more people golfing.

Suggestions? Nothing crazy, just something for a to b travel. I mean, it's just a car.

Like this:
BMWM3CHROME.jpg

That be purdy, boss.

I'm thinking you need a silver Acura TL. They're nice. Four doors for the friends. Plenty of trunk space for the blades.

This can take you too the course and then around the course. You can play all year, if you can find the fairway under the snow that is. :canada:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301