• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So who does Shottalk vote to be #2

Who should be #2?

• Texas

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Texas Tech

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
I guess the playoff discussion has made it's way in here...

I don't understand how there's not one yet, not just because every other sport has it, but because NOBODY likes the BCS. Seriously, have you ever met someone that thinks it's better than a playoff? I know I haven't.

I think a fair compromise for the playoff is to allow the BCS to pick the 8 teams (just the way it ranks the top 8 now) and then put them in a playoff, 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 and so on. Teams would likely still get shafted, but...oh well =] The 12th regular season game could be taken away to help this not be too much for the student athletes.

All I hear on sports radio is about how bad the BCS is, but it seems like it's never going to change =[

I guess the playoff discussion has made it's way in here...

I don't understand how there's not one yet, not just because every other sport has it, but because NOBODY likes the BCS. Seriously, have you ever met someone that thinks it's better than a playoff? I know I haven't.

I think a fair compromise for the playoff is to allow the BCS to pick the 8 teams (just the way it ranks the top 8 now) and then put them in a playoff, 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 and so on. Teams would likely still get shafted, but...oh well =] The 12th regular season game could be taken away to help this not be too much for the student athletes.

All I hear on sports radio is about how bad the BCS is, but it seems like it's never going to change =[

The BCS was an improvement over the previous system which was basically a lack of a system. Certain conferences went to certain bowls every year and the national championship was more confusing than it is now as #1 and #2 almost never played each other at the end of the year.

The BCS WAS an improvement, but it has not gone far enough. A playoff system is the only way they will ever get a consensus National Champion.

why is Syracuse not in this conversation.:biglol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427