• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spin Milled!

NBGolfer

Reaction score
Man, I picked up a New 56' Spin Milled Vokey. They generate a great deal of spin, very happy with the club so far.
Even though I have only been able to get out twice in the last week and a half cuz of the rain :mad:
If anyone out there is looking at picking up a new wedge, take a serious look at the spin milled versions.

Does the fact that its spin milled make any difference???

Adam Pettman said:
Does the fact that its spin milled make any difference???

Yes for me it does.
Here are the 2 different faces. The spin milled has a machined cut face that is ruff and really increases spin, the other vokey has a typical smooth face with grooves. I have a 52' normal, and a 56' spin milled and it's a big difference for me.

There are pics of the 2 faces and the difference here
http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/wedges/vokey200series.asp

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/wedges/vokeyspinmilled.asp

I have been using is for a few nights now and it was worth every cent for me!

Thanks!! I have been thinking of replacing my Cleveland 900 54 and will evaluate this one...

Does it chew up golf balls??

Yes it chews golf balls,but the spin is noticably increased from the rough rather than the fairway.You would be amazed what it does from the rough

dave. said:
Yes it chews golf balls,but the spin is noticably increased from the rough rather than the fairway.You would be amazed what it does from the rough

dave: what ball do you play and how many shots does it take with the club before you have to discard the ball??

b

A Pro V1 will last a round easily,but an HX Tour,B330,Blackmax will last 2 wedges,or even a mid iron,the creases left will be so bad they will annoy me.Pro V1 still wins the durability stakes for me

I think that the BlackMax holds up almost as well as a Pro V, Dave..............

I ordered a 58 degree 2 months ago from golfsmith, shipping from manufacturer though and its taking awhile.

Andy_79 said:
I think that the BlackMax holds up almost as well as a Pro V, Dave..............

almost,but not quite:) I stopped using a Blackmax because the cover stayed on the club with a full shot

Yeah it chews up the golf balls pretty good.
I won a sleeve of Srixons the other day and it chewed those up pretty good. The outer coating on the ball was constantly being left in the grooves. But I find it doesn't chew up the DT Solo's that bad. Then again all depends how hard you swing but I find the spin worth it.

Andy_79 said:

I guess I must not put much spin on a ball with my swing, even though I hit a five-iron 175 yds., cuz' I use the Black Max and can easily go a round or two without any major marks. A little scuff here and there, maybe, but nothing I would deem unplayable.

Eracer said:
I guess I must not put much spin on a ball with my swing, even though I hit a five-iron 175 yds., cuz' I use the Black Max and can easily go a round or two without any major marks. A little scuff here and there, maybe, but nothing I would deem unplayable.

You're absolutely right there, Eracer. I think the reason they must go like that is because of Dave's half ribs, and general poor ball-striking.....

:D

I am Hoganesque with a wedge,I will have you know.:)

I've just bought two . A 54 for fairway work and a 58 for bunker/rough play. Even on a hardened green I get an amazing amount of check with Pro-V and Callaway HX hots. If any thing they can give a little too much. I keep leaving greenside chips a little short. But at 30 yds out they are incredible!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520