• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

square hybrids.

FKA19

winter ho'in
Reaction score
im looking at picking up a hybrid for the 3i-3wood gap, at around 18-19*.
my 3 choices right now are. nickent genex, hogan cft, and cobra baffler.
all 3 are cheap with stell shafts at golf town right now (all around 100 bucks). these and the sonartecs (but theyre more expensive) are what i have heard to be square faced and weighted. ( i hate hooking the ball , expecially with hybrids).
any comparisons between these?
any other suggestions?
thanks.

Cobra baffler. It is an amazing hybrid.

Nickent. #1 hybrid on the Nationwide tour and #3 on the PGA and they don't pay anyone to use them.

:)

well this helped, haha jk thanks guys. what's everyone else think ?

The Cobra Baffler Pro is always rated extremely high in testing. While hightly touted, I'm not buying into the Nickent just yet. Way too many of them for sale for cheap to think they're sliced bread. But that's me.

Another option is the J33U from Bridgestone. It's dead straight and gets rave reviews. Try and find one used, it's nearly impossble.

R35

Jody of Accuflex said the Nickent is really hot on the Nationwide tour with their Accuflex Icon HL. :D

Yep. But I don't know of anyone here that gets Tour specific stuff.

If you're buying off the rack, like most of us are, reading into what the pros play is pretty useless.

R35

Sonartec's deliver the piercing ballflight more like the iron counterpart. They are square and workable. The Adams Idea pro looks like another good one. They cost a bit but you get the $150 VS-Proto shaft in it. I've got a 95G VS I'm dropping in a Sonartec, not sure which loft yet.

Another option is the J33U from Bridgestone. It's dead straight and gets rave reviews. Try and find one used, it's nearly impossble.R35

The Bridgestone is a pretty sweet looking hybrid. I gave it a try when I was looking to replace my 19* Md. My problem with it was that it was more square and workable (ie. less forgiving) than the Md. The reason I chose to pass over it is the reason why it would fit the bill here. Even better is that Rockbottom has them at $80 right now. Hell, the "stock" Aldila NV Hybrid shaft would run you that much alone.

Cobra Baffler Pro would be my choice.

The Wilson Ph5 has a square face and comes with an Aldila NVS as standard. Nice combo, imo.

After trying about 20 hybrids I found the baffler to be the best by a long shot.

I just got the Benross escape 3G in 17* and it is amazing especially off the fairway in to the wind. Plus it comes with a NVS shaft as standard.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520