• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stick Together?

xman1112

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about trying to use gear from the same manufacturer?

Maybe not so much the entire bag but at least smaller groups : woods, irons, wedges...

I know we're not getting paid to parade around using certain pieces of equipment; but does it make a difference to you from a feel or confidence standpoint?

not at all - I want each club to be the best fitting club possible - my irons don't even match
Take wedges for example - if you want one with low bounce and one with high bounce, you might really limit your options if you try to stay within one line.

I use what works at the best deal I can find. I think it's kind of feminine to have all matching clubs for the sake of it... yes Twofast, I aimed that right at you!!
icon10.gif

I also just realized I need to change my sig.. Wilson Staff Kirk Currie II boots the 3rd Scotty Cameron from my bag, lol.

When I joined Shot Talk I had a complete bag of Cleveland products other than my putter. But through experimenting and ho'ing I've found just because a companies driver suits my game, does not mean their fw's, irons or hybrids will.

I play what works best for me, but to each their own.

I have my irons listed as Nike blades, but in all honesty that is just because they are the majority of the irons in my bag. I have three armour evo's and one TM RAC 200 the forged cavity back. My wedges are all titleist but I have ground them and put lead tape in odd places to get them to the right feel. I just don't like the way other wedges looked at address. So I obviously don't feel that you need to stick with one brand of clubs unless someone is paying you to do so.

I like my irons to be the same. Right now the TMs, before that Titleist blades, before that Mizuno blades. I also like my wedges the same. Vokeys for quite some time. I like the uniform look from club to club at address.

I used to carry the same kind of FW woods, but now that I carry the hybrids and just one FW wood that doesn't apply.

Driver has varied through the last several years. For ten plus years I played the original Burner Bubble Titanium driver and mixed it with different sets of TM FW woods.

Kevin

Only the ragingist of homos have an entire bag of one company.

When I was teaching and hitting in the demos, i HAD to play 14 TM clubs. But when I would play in tournaments and such i always switched out the 3wood for a TEE, wedges for Bstone, and 3-4 iron for Rac OS.

Only the ragingist of homos have an entire bag of one company.

Hehehehe you alwas make the funniest comments hehehehe :D

Nothing wrong with a full bag of one maufacturer if they fit your game. I ran around with a full bag of GS products for many years when I was strictly using component clubs and had a combination of Snake Eyes and GS clubs in the bag.

Currently, I am about as close as I have ever been to having a full bag on one manufactureer, but I can not forsee anything kicking out the Jones Hybrids or the Rife putter.

To each his own. If you want a full bag on one OEM, go for it. If your afraid of Lyle calling you a homo, stick a different club in the bag.

If your afraid of Lyle calling you a homo, stick a different club in the bag.

EXACTLY why I left the cally 4w in the bag :prop: Though I did make the nice colors just for him!

....i'm only loyal to one make of club....the club that works!

Having said that, my bag has about 6 different brands.

I was having trouble with wedges, and just got finished making them all the same brand/type...this has given them each a very consistent feel and has made my wedge game as strong as its ever been. but thats about it.

I guess I should clarify what I said. I do like all my irons to be the same brand and model, and all my wedges of the same brand and model. Not because I'm worried about how they look, but I want them all to feel as much alike as possible. But as my signature shows, I have a wide variety of brands between my driver, fw, hybrids, wedges and putter.

Whatever works! It's all about feel to me, not what looks good or impresses other people when they look in my bag.

I remember seeing Sergio in a tournament last year using a Scotty putter, with the TM Rossa headcover because of his deal with them.

I like TM stuff, and I just so happen to have my clubs fit to my needs, and swing.

Most of it IS Taylormade, but the 3-wood is usually a Cobra, and my lob is a Scratch.. My putter is a SeeMore.

I got the TM wedges, because at the time, they were cheaper than a SM Vokey.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520