• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tempting....

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Reaction score
Golf Galaxy has 2006 launcher's for $150 bucks brand new in a multitude of shaft/loft options.....i'm thinkin about heading down there and spending some time on the launch monitor and picking one up

my question to you is which launcher was better, this one or the original?

the Adams was okay....but it feels really dead, and isn't forgiving at all, that and i needed more loft on it....

also, how does one tell if their clubs are too short for them?....feels like i'm having to bend down to the ball too far and i'm having a hard time getting consistently good impact, this is mostly with my irons...how does one determine what length their clubs should be..........same question for grips, and their diameter

thanks,

-YG

all you have to do is get fitted and they can do all that for you, if they feel short, you can get them lengthened a bit.

I recently saw TM 580XD's brand new @ $150 in Dick's...you might see if GG has any of these left, also. Really nice driver IMHO, probably going to get one as a backup to my G5.

HO's... all of you!! One bad round with the driver and I'm already looking at new shafts.
icon10.gif
Sorry, no experience with the Launcher, that is a good price though, especially if you can get one with a decent shaft.

Why do we need back-up drivers?? Does one need to rest? Why not a back-up putter too? I've got 5 back-up drivers BTW, lol. Only 3 spares that I'd actually throw in the bag any given day though.

Also I had a thread a while back with a link to TGW's online fitting. http://www.shottalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8186

When I had my driver reshafted the kid did a measurement and recommended 1" long based on wrist to floor. My irons are 1" long and I hit them better than any I've had. I may benefit from a slightly more upright lie, I plan on looking into this over the winter. Anyone know what the standard lie adjustment (up or flat) is if I am pull-prone?

I believe the Ti460 Launcher was better then the first one (400cc?) and the Launcher Comp (in my experience) wasn't as good as the Ti460 which is the one (I believe) you're looking at. Go for a lower launch angle. I ballooned my 10.5º. Good luck. And the R580XD is a super good club also.

:)

For $150 and being able to get fitted, it's a steal.. The head is good it's just having the shaft and loft fit you is what's really important

I believe the Ti460 Launcher was better then the first one (400cc?) and the Launcher Comp (in my experience) wasn't as good as the Ti460 which is the one (I believe) you're looking at. Go for a lower launch angle. I ballooned my 10.5º. Good luck. And the R580XD is a super good club also.

:)

the very first one was 330 cc....the second was 400cc, i tried it, nothing special, but the shaft was crap so idk, then they released the 460 Ti. that Rock sold on here....they then released the Comp, that you had a bad time with, then they released a newer 2006 launcher Ti. its head is blue instead of the gray...supposed to have a crown of lighter material similar to the idea behind the comp, and weight redistributed around the edges more.

on ebay both the original and the 2006 are going from about the same thing so i'm just trying to figure out if one is better....only way to find out is hit them i guess.

For 150 to get the exact shaft and fitting you want, go for it.

i couldn't get out to GG to use the launch monitor today.....had to settle for the hitting net at Dicks sporting goods, hit the 9.5* with the stock shaft they have and was absolutely crushing it, the whole face felt solid and responsive, even the shaft which i ruled out to be crap didn't feel bad at all, i know its hitting into a net, but i could tell the ball was goin out there, and straight.... i'm gonna grab one eventually, but i don't think i can scrape together enough cash before the sale ends, i'll prolly have to grab it on ebay

thanks for the help guys

Why do we need back-up drivers?? Does one need to rest? Why not a back-up putter too? I've got 5 back-up drivers BTW, lol. Only 3 spares that I'd actually throw in the bag any given day though.
Well, it sounds better to SWMBO to get a backup driver than "Honey, I can hit this $150 2 year old driver as good as/better than that $300 driver I bought that we never discussed..." ;)

For some reason (and I'm hitting the Ping well), I just really want an R580XD....:smilie_tm

The r580 is onsale around here for $99, and I bet the launchers will stay at $150.

Is that the standard R580, or the R580XD for $99? The R580 is less expensive, if you can find it new.

For some reason (and I'm hitting the Ping well), I just really want an R580XD....:smilie_tm

Oh, believe me... no reason to explain to me.
icon10.gif
I walked into a store last month, not planning on really buying anything... 3 drivers and $360 later.... Then bought another on Ebay 2 weeks later. This is how you know you've found the right girl. lol.

Its the XD, not a bad deal at all. Its a shame i just bought a hibore.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520