• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

That was stupid of me

Sorry to hear about your mishap.I work in the building trade although i am management and dont do any real work well thats according to the tradesman.One of the guys was sawing some timber in the garden when the lady of the house comes out and asked if he wanted a cup of tea.He turns round to say "yes please"and continues sawing and the same time straight through the top of his hand.Good job it wasent a bacon buttie he would have taken his hand off.

Good, things are looking up

I put the splint back on for sleeping overnight, less tightly wrapped though than how the ER had done it. Woke up this morning and was quite happy to discover there was a lot less pain than yesterday.

Saw my primary doc a little while ago, and he was able to recommend a hand doctor in closer proximity than the one that the ER had given me. So my primary doc's office has put a referral into this second doctor, and I've been able to make an appointment to see him tomorrow afternoon to take a look at the injury and thumb.

It's been a busy short week. I really hope though that'll this doctor will say it should heal all okay on its own, and make arrangement for a day to pull the stitches next week. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to start testing my hand for holding a golf club again.

Okay, basically good news and a load off my mind, though the load won't completely ease until everything does return to normal. Saw the hand doc today, he checked for my ability to feel objects touch my thumb, and I could, so the nerve is present and accounted for. Then the fact that my thumb was in a flexed position, and I could move it around shows the tendon is okay. The trouble that I can't fully bring my thumb in is simply from the swelling and tenderness of the wound knitting itself back together.

I get the stitches removed Thursday next week, and I hope I will then be able to shortly resume swinging a golf club.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520