• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

That's it!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
All 3 of my drivers are officially in the shithouse! I did an experiment today, hitting about half my drives with my 983K and the other half with a 3 wood or 4 wood. A couple of the 983K shots were beauties, the rest were in the woods so far that Lassie couldn't have found them if they were wrapped bacon. Left and right.

All of the fairway wood shots were straight down the middle.

I have a cheap 13* strong wood (Maltby FST head and 43" Accuflex shaft) on order.

And a FREE 460cc driver coming from a guy on GEA forum who is donating 3 drivers as an experiment to check out Tom Wishons claim that hackers like me would do better with 43" drivers and 13* heads. Doesn't say much for my swing that I was chosen as a guinea pig. :)

On the plus side, my putting was better: 31 putts.

Fading/slicing my hybrids. :( Anyone know of a club adjustment that can be made to fix that?

I have a used, 9/10 Indian that you can borrow. It's not like trying a new driver, but it'll probably fix that slice/ "fade" of yours. :D

Go get a lesson. Have someone fix your casting issues. But don't get down, it happens. Just keep some bacon for Lassie for a few weeks more until you get it straightened out.

R35

PS>..lessons aren't an admittance of fault, they are a step towards constructive critcism, which ALL of us need from time to time.

Ha, ha, ha... you took them out of the signature
icon10.gif
I agree with Rock.If you can't figure it out in a trip or 2 to the range then see a pro. I can't say enough about how well I'm hitting my driver, 3wood, 3iron off the tee. What helped a lot was making that list I posted of what I'm doing right when I'm hitting it well. I had better control straight,draw and fade with the driver than I can ever remember.

Good luck Doc. Happens to all of us. Get it "straightened" out.
icon13.gif

Just get a launcher 460 and get it over with. If you can't hit that thing, then you should quit ;)

I have a Launcher 460 up for grabs....special Vet pricing too...:D

R35

Or the HiBore. Seriously, I set up for a 30yd. fade... I got about 2. It cannot be sliced.

Or the HiBore. Seriously, I set up for a 30yd. fade... I got about 2. It cannot be sliced.

This is so true. Where's YG, he can weigh in on this too.

R35

Just buy a 12* driver Doc, when the sun is shining my direction I pound the crap out of the ball with my 11*.

I unfortunately hit the HiBore on the same day I was demoing the 905R, Charlize Theron could have walked by nude that day and I wouldn't have noticed since I was lusting for the 905 so much. I'd like to give the HiBore another go sometime.

Woo hoo! New $25 strong 3 wood just showed up so after I finished seeing patients this morning I rushed over to the range for a quick 50 balls. :D

This thing is great (new club honeymoon). Easily 10 yards longer than my 980F 15* 3 wood. It's a Maltby FST 13* 3 wood head (small and steel) on a 43" Accuflex Extreme2 stiff shaft. I know nothing about the shaft because it's not on the Accuflex site anymore. It's feels good, although stiffer than my usual. Hits mostly straight, too. I was getting 230 to 240 yards with it teed up about 1/2". Not long, but I'll take it if I can keep it in the fairway.

I don't think I can hit it off the deck, so I'm keeping my 17* 980F in the bag for long fairway shots. Added the 19* 980F since I was slicing the 17* hybrid.

I was hitting my 3, 4, & 5 irons fine today, so all the hybrids that I have been slicing/fading are now leaning in a corner. Dropped the 60* wedge to get down to 14 clubs. If I find I need it, I'll drop the 5 wood or 3 iron.

Now I feel better about playing in a tournement this coming weekend. :)

P.S. I still have a free 13* 43" driver coming. I'll let you know when it shows up.

I just read it. What length are you having this monster made to?

I really think I will do better with a 43" club off the tee, whether it has a driver head or a 3 wood head. Hell, I'm only 5'7" tall. When I swing a 45" driver I feel like I'm swinging a telephone pole.

I blame my parents: my dad was 5'6" and my mom is 5'3".

I wish that held water it would be an easy out for you Doc, but Tadd Fujikawa is hitting a 44.5" driver and he poked one to 370 this weekend. That dude is an oompaloompa and he can pound the big dog.

I wish that held water it would be an easy out for you Doc, but Tadd Fujikawa is hitting a 44.5" driver and he poked one to 370 this weekend. That dude is an oompaloompa and he can pound the big dog.

In "our" :laugh: defence, that shot was downwind and downhill. Apparently, he wasn't the longest on that hole by 50 yards, is what i read...

Still, not bad for a little guy.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35