• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The STRANGELY GOOD ROUND

I most certainly agree.

One example for myself was in high school. I had been seeing a girl for my freshman and sophmore years, and while obviously high school flings aren't that serious, still majorly sucked, after two years, she cheated on me the day before a big tournament.

Went out there angry and sad, relied totally on muscle memory, and played great. Quite the happening.

Another was regionals one year. I'm a stubborn boy, to a fault. I was running about 100 degrees but insisted on playing. Shot a 76, my low round for the year accounting for the courses par. :) Felt miserable, but the game was there and the amount of focus I had to pour in, through all things, worked.

I regularly play at 4 different courses. UNM is my home, and play there the most, but I love to mix it up. I never play one sole course the whole week. Why? Because putting myself in different scenarios helps keep me fresh. There are another 4 courses that I play once every month, or few months, that are a tad more expensive, but same principle.

As Cypress said, one must be careful of falling too far into routine. Anyone notice that when you walk up and hit a shot, it's normally statistically the same or better than your routine? For those of us that have them, anyway. I have. So why have a routine? It's concrete, and rhythm. But, sometimes we need to shake it up a little, keep things fresh, and keep our game and mind challenged.

Monotonous golf is dangerous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427