• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

this right handed rubish actually works!

scott.cant.putt

Scott.cant.putt
Reaction score
i put a post up about a 7 weeks ago sayin that i was switching from right to left handed after some advice of a pro and i have been working at it now since that post and the results rnt bad.
i managed to get down at about 15 left handed in about 2 years and last tuesday i played a round at my home course and played to 18 over including a 7 on the 16th lol
i think being right handed is actually the way forward for me if i can get to this standard within almost 2 months then the sky is the limit!
as a few of u know i wanna get down to 4 and teach the game and going right handed i defo think i can do this.!

Well, it's a different approach, not one I necessarily agree with. But hey, if it works for you...

i think he doesnt understand why you would consider going to the other side of the ball? i know my game would have to be in really bad shape for me to want to go left handed...

its not a matter of wanting to its a matter of taking a pros advice and he thinks i will get to scratch quciker this way then right handed i shall play

he says i look far more comfortable right handed and the fact that i am actually right handed in everything that i do usually made me always think that i shud be playin right handed and he says it will giv me more power and stuff so yeh he is 100 percent certain

i thought i was the only person considering doing this, except that I have played RH for 20 years and got down to six. I have got a bit bored of not improving so have been thinking of having a bash at left handed golf following several reasonably successful trips to the range with LH clubs. I think I could play to about 24 to start with because although I can hit a ball OK I have no LH short game to speak of.

he says i look far more comfortable right handed and the fact that i am actually right handed in everything that i do usually made me always think that i shud be playin right handed and he says it will giv me more power and stuff so yeh he is 100 percent certain

i would have thought your first natural tendency would be the correct one.. how did you ever start off left handed if everything else is right handed?

I'm a little odd in that i write left handed but throw, kick, play tennis etc and golf right handed.. i can however write pretty decently with my right hand too

its not a matter of wanting to its a matter of taking a pros advice and he thinks i will get to scratch quciker this way then right handed i shall play

whats it gonna be? your first post says your switching to left and this ome say right?

i would have thought your first natural tendency would be the correct one.. how did you ever start off left handed if everything else is right handed?

I'm a little odd in that i write left handed but throw, kick, play tennis etc and golf right handed.. i can however write pretty decently with my right hand too

I'm left-handed, and I learned to play right-handed. Maybe I should switch, since I suck.

ive swaped from left to right i play snooker tennis and everything right handed apart from golf and cricket but not no more i can finally walk into a golf shop and look at all the clubs not the crapy left handed section lol. iv genrally been playing to about 18/23 handicap atm after 4-5 months but im reverse pivoting which is a major problem but once i sort it i think il drop to about 12/16 handicap

For some bizarre reason, EVERY left-handed golfer I know plays right handed. Our course has about 400 active golfers and I'd bet you a beer, that no more than 10-15 of them play from the left side...

I think many left handers learn to 'switch hit' when playing baseball as a kid...its a natural for them. Later, when they pick up golf, I think they find it much easier to find used right-handed clubs and naturally gravitate over to that side.

One guy I have played with for 30 years though who is left handed, plays with all clubs right handed except his putter. He putts left handed. So he has 13 right handed clubs and a left handed putter.

Weird I know.

I don't think more power is an issue one way or the other though. My left tricep is larger than my right and has been since I started playing golf. (I am right handed) I can pull more weight with my upper left arm on a weight machine than I can with my right....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301