• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger meets "The Onion" again

Can you imagine him ACTUALLY buying a bucket of balls?

Buying???

LOL love The Onion.

Haha, fat chance of that being true, although itd be funny to see.

Have to agree with Bravo, him actually buying a bucket?!?! Fat chance of that!:p

I looked hard but..I coulden't find the humor.
1. That Tiger would actually have bought range balls
2. I think it's sort of a reverse Phil Mickelson sort of thing....Phil with his beeper in case his wife went into labor, etc......
3. Tiger more interested in hitting balls on the range than attending the delivery of his first child.

If you haven't read it before, "The Onion" is loaded with irony and subtle humor, though some articles are just laugh out loud funny.

1. That Tiger would actually have bought range balls
2. I think it's sort of a reverse Phil Mickelson sort of thing....Phil with his beeper in case his wife went into labor, etc......
3. Tiger more interested in hitting balls on the range than attending the delivery of his first child.

If you haven't read it before, "The Onion" is loaded with irony and subtle humor, though some articles are just laugh out loud funny.

I have read all the ones you have posted on GR.

There was absolutely nothing funny in that "article"<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I have read all the ones you have posted on GR.

There was absolutely nothing funny in that "article"ffice:eek:ffice" /><o>:p></o>:p>
Humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I'm a regular "Onion" reader, and never miss a day. Some of the articles, like this one, are perhaps a bit subtle for the casual reader. Many of the "Onion" articles are topical satire about politics, show business, religion, and human relationships. There are also "horoscopes", which are usually loaded with pessimistic dark humor. There are TV News discussion satires, "Radio News", and many other features. Some articles are way over the top and absurd. After a while, one realizes how brilliant the writers are, and how well they have researched and understand the topics they are satirizing. "The Onion" is clearly an acquired taste, judging by some of the comments here. Personally, I find it the best satire on the scene today. Try going to the home page and reading several of the articles in short succession. If you don't start to "get it" after several articles, it obviously isn't your cup of tea, so move on.

Humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I'm a regular "Onion" reader, and never miss a day. Some of the articles, like this one, are perhaps a bit subtle for the casual reader. Many of the "Onion" articles are topical satire about politics, show business, religion, and human relationships. There are also "horoscopes", which are usually loaded with pessimistic dark humor. There are TV News discussion satires, "Radio News", and many other features. Some articles are way over the top and absurd. After a while, one realizes how brilliant the writers are, and how well they have researched and understand the topics they are satirizing. "The Onion" is clearly an acquired taste, judging by some of the comments here. Personally, I find it the best satire on the scene today. Try going to the home page and reading several of the articles in short succession. If you don't start to "get it" after several articles, it obviously isn't your cup of tea, so move on.

True. I pick up the Onion at a local burrito shop in newspaper form...

The Onion does have the the best humor, bar none...

Seriously, if one cannot find humor in the Onion Tiger Woods report, then I would recommend they keep that helmet on their head...

Wouldn't want a retard getting injured, would we?

spank

The Onion put out a special book on the 20th Century. I cried I laughed so hard reading it...satire at its finest

The Onion rocks, and Spank, nice subtle humor on your first post as well, :D

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodehene1