• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist AP1

I say the DGHL R300 plays "softer" than a typical DG R300. It's lighter for one, 113g, and I think it's softer in the tip. I see what people mean by moving to a S300 in the HL. The fitter was telling me I was borderline R300 and S300. I'm not going to be increasing my speed so I stayed witht he R300..my 6 iron swing speed was 83 mph.

Mav, what's your swing speed with the driver?

SWEET!!! let us know how they work out for ya.

Did you get reg or stiff shafts? I've been doing some research on these irons and noticed that because of the shaft (DG HL), people are moving up in flex. I guess the HL shaft plays soft.

Did you demo with the HL shaft? Did they play true to flex?

Again, let me reiterate, I am doing this research for a friend who is interested in these irons. I am completely happy with my Ping Raptures. ;)

I demo'd both the HL & Aldila 75G graphite - both reg. Went with Aldila, felt smoother & not too whippy. I really can't tell that much from a demo - I'm going to drag them around the course for a while. If the Aldila's don't put some zip-a-dee in my Doo-Dah, I'll pull them & stick some graf blues in there. I like those shafts a lot.

Mav, what's your swing speed with the driver?

honestly I dunno..never had it checked..but I kniw I'm 83-85 with the 6 iron..looks like I got something to do this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520