• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist AP2's

slickpitt

Reaction score
:smilie_ti

Went in a couple of weeks ago to get fitted for new irons. Needed to retire my old Taylor Made RAC OS irons. I hit the AP2's, MP-##(can't remember which ones exactly), Ping G10, Calloway x-20 Tour, R7 TP's, and there was one other I'm leaving out. It came down to the x-20's and the AP2's. As far as stats go, it was pretty close between the 2. Launch angle, swing speed, distance, ball flight, etc etc where all very comparable between the two. In the end the AP2's just felt better and more balanced, bit more crisp at impact. I had to have the lie down 2 degrees. I've played 4 rounds with them so far and am in love. They really move through the ball well, the feel is just night and day over my old irons. Highly reccomend these!

One of the nicer looking Titleist irons to come out in awhile. Good pickup...

:needpics:

I am also demoing a set of these right now. 2 degrees flat, Project X Shaft 5.5. So far I have been very impressed with the feel and forgiveness. The blades might be going up for sale here soon.

:smilie_ti

Went in a couple of weeks ago to get fitted for new irons. Needed to retire my old Taylor Made RAC OS irons. I hit the AP2's, MP-##(can't remember which ones exactly), Ping G10, Calloway x-20 Tour, R7 TP's, and there was one other I'm leaving out. It came down to the x-20's and the AP2's. As far as stats go, it was pretty close between the 2. Launch angle, swing speed, distance, ball flight, etc etc where all very comparable between the two. In the end the AP2's just felt better and more balanced, bit more crisp at impact. I had to have the lie down 2 degrees. I've played 4 rounds with them so far and am in love. They really move through the ball well, the feel is just night and day over my old irons. Highly reccomend these!

I just ordered a set of the AP2 with the Project X shaft, R flex, 5I-PW. Hit them at GolfSmith today (along with at least a dozen others... kept going back to these. After more than 20 balls spread out over more than an hour of testing different clubs, I never hit a bad shot with the AP2. Hopefully that trend will continue.

I didn't buy at GS because I get a better deal with my employee discount through the pro shop at the course where I work (about $600 with tax and shipping)... and I didn't have to buy the 4I and 3I whilch I'm unlikely to use anyway.

Nice pickup! I love mine 4-GW. had my bestttt rounds with them, in my opinion very beautiful clubs, others seem to disagree with the design. I love the nice clean look of Titleist, no crazy colors ala Rapture, G10 or Nike.

Got to play my AP2's on the course for the first time today.... I'm even more impressed than I was before. Great clubs... looking forward to getting out again on Wednesday... :thumbs up:

Got to play my AP2's on the course for the first time today.... I'm even more impressed than I was before. Great clubs... looking forward to getting out again on Wednesday... :thumbs up:

Rick, which Project-X shafts did you go with...the flighted or regular? I'm looking at some new irons and have the Rifles in my current set and really like them, thinking about paying the upcharge and getting the X's put in the new set, but can't find any to hit. Am having a hard time deciding between flighted or not. Sounds like you've found a winner, so I'm curious.

I had a set of AP2's and I tried to like them. I like the looks of the irons from all angles, nice at address...but I just didn't like the way they interacted with the turf plus the PX shafts just seem to produce inconsistant spin for me. They are a nice set of irons but not right for everybody...make sure you hit them from the turf before you pull the trigger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520