• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist ProV1x Golf Ball

This is an example of why ball price/quality doesn't affect my scores. I don't have the skill to adjust spin on any given shot. I just try to hit the fairway, try to hit or get near the green, try to chip it close (usually with release/roll) and try to make the putt. When all is well, I can make pars and bogeys and shoot a low or sub 80's round. If I am short-sided, I just try to get it on the putting surface without worrying about using spin to hold it close. I just don't have that shot. With my game, nearly any ball will do. Geezer golf is fun and simple. :cool:

This is the Internet. You should be claiming that you work the ball left and right and hit the other shots that only pros can do.

I actually prefer the feel of the Bridgestone Tour B330 over the ProV1x. I like the ProV1 better than the x also. I really like the srixon z star xv in yellow also. Less spin but also a lower flight which I prefer.
I've played a couple of the Tour B330 balls... and actually hated them!!! The Bridgestone E6 has worked well when I've played it for a few rounds.
Playing off the tee early Saturday and Sunday a.m., the guys in our group often just grab a Top Flite or MOJO type ball to hit. That way if it's still dark enough and we can't find it, no big loss. We play "dark rule" and "leaf rule". If we tee off in the dark, we see the ball heading in the right direction but can't find it... drop a different ball near where it should have been with no penalty. Likewise, when the leaves begin falling if we can't find it and know it's in the fairway... leaf rule!!!
After the first hole, we usually change to our more regular balls. I have a plethora of ProV1 and ProV1x balls we've found. They don't make 'em in a large print version so I don't know which I'm playing at any one time. And, my game can't tell the difference anyway.
Balls I dislike and simply won't play...
1.) Bridgestone Tour B330
2.) Anything Nike
3.) Anything Callaway
4.) Titleist Velocity
5.) Anything Srixon

Balls I've had pretty good luck with...
1.) ProV1 and ProV1x
2.) Titleist SoLo
3.) Taylor TP
4.) Bridgestone E6

This is the Internet. You should be claiming that you work the ball left and right and hit the other shots that only pros can do.

No way - I revel in my geezerness. Besides, I actually play golf with at least one of you and hopefully more one day. Gotta keep it real. Shot 83 today at The Gauntlet with a Top Flite D2 Feel. 2 piece cheapo. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520