• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TM V-Steel

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Well, my mom took me to dick's sporting goods today and we took back the FJ Greenjoys that caused me really bad blisters and they gave us store credit for like 51.48 or so, and with my remaining bday money i have 95 or so, and i just got a $25 dollar check from my grandma giving me around 110 plus the 50 dollar store credit so i have about a maximum $160 buying power, while there i tried the TM V-steel 5 wood (18 degrees) with the steel shaft, the thing was awesome i thought, very good sound, accurate, i need to increase my striking range on par 5's its inevitable oh, and this is still under speculation but i may have another $10 off coupon if they let us use it with the store credit but dick's has always had weird rules and limitations. what has been everyones experiences with the V-steel, i think a new fairway wood is a good thought, as my current tight lies 3 is okay, but i hit my tight lies 7 wood just as far, or, i could wait several weeks until my next lesson at golf galaxy and see what they have.

should i wait and see what else golf galaxy has? and your opinions on the V-steel, and if you think a steel shaft would be a good choice

demo more clubs, don't jump on it just because it feels good on the first couple hits into a net

and it would help alot more if you can demo it on a grass hitting range where you can feel how the club goes through tight fairway lies

check out a hybrid two iron as well, I've a 17 degree hybrid iron that flys 230 yards

unless you're a strong player with high club head speed that needs the stiffness and weight of a steel shaft, i personally won't recommend anyone putting a steel shaft in their woods

I am personally hunting for a 3 wood myself, good luck with yours :)

I have used the V steel with a steel shaft and loved it. It was definetly the best 5 wood that i have used so far, like you said very forgiving and i found it was very accurate on the golfcourse. I have found that v steels are better 5 wood than they are 3 woods. I would grab this if it is one that you hit well!

thanks dave, i'm really starting to lean more and more towards this club, i thought the 3 wood looked weird too, plus the loft doesn't seem to suit my bag and the way my fairway woods are organized, but this tight lies 7 wood isn't leaving my bag, its just too sweet, i was mad that the 3 wood didn't work out the same way. i need to wait till i can cash my check to have enough money and i think the bank is closed on sunday

if you have them keep your v-steel thoughts coming
thanks

ok, i'm going for it, hopefully i can go get it today, i just can't stand seeing everyone in tournaments go for par 5's in two and make it when they are behind me in the fairway, i just can't give up those strokes, in this case i know that the club i have now is holding me back. thanks dave for your output, yours combined with reviews on GR have helped alot.

I just bought one of these used yesterday from Edwin Watts here in Jacksonville, found it used in basically perfect condition. Bought the 3 wood with graphite shaft, picked it up for 89.99, I'll probably go back and grab up the 7 wood they had there also for the same price. I went out to the range today and hit it a few times, I like it!

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54