• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Toasted Nickent

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, since the last thread got locked because some people just couldn't play nice & had to resort to name calling, how's about we try again as I am really interested in this?

I went to Nevad Bobs as wellas Golf Galaxy today looking for 2 things, 1 was a decent SW but I didn't find anything I liked. #2 was any sort of display for Nickent clubs. Not a single display or new club, signage, etc of any type was at either store. I did find 1 used Nickent 4DX square driver at Nevada Bobs but that was it.

How does the company expect to stay viable if they don't sell the clubs in any store...I have checked 4 stores here & not 1 of them sell the clubs.

I was in Golfers Warehouse in Rhode Island a bit over a week ago, and there were plenty of 4DX, and some 5DX Hybrids there.

Wi, it would be a real concern to Nickent devotees. Whilst I don't play Nickent, I acknowledge that there are those out there who do & are very happy.

For those looking to buy Nickent, if they're the type who turns their clubs over fairly regularly, I think they'd need to be very aware that the re-sale value probably won't be there.

Resale couldn't possibly be any worse compared to any of the other small companies. Aside from true golf nuts how many folks have heard of Geek or Tour Swing or KZG, etc? Try to sell that stuff on ebay though & you hardly get a nibble.

Dick's always has one little stand with Nickent hybrids in it, but in every store I've entered they've been filled with either 3DX Genex or 3DXDC, which are 3 and 2 generations old respectively. I hate it, because I love Nickent clubs -- I actually have from driver to SW on the bench, just not all in the bag right now. It sucks having to buy them to try them, especially considering the aforementioned poor resale value.

Now that you mention it... I don't remember seeing a Nickent display at the golf galaxy or other stores here. Granted, I wasn't looking for it... but I certainly didn't just happen to notice one either.

Golfsmith here in Raleigh has a bunch of the Nickent stuff out, some of the new stuff as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520