• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trappers Turn today.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed out in a few minutes to play Trappers Turn in Wi Dells. Never played there before so not sure what to expect, I know it's not on Zaphods list of top 10 courses but my expectations are usually lower.

$55 for all you can play with GPS cart. They have 27 holes, Arbor, Lake & Canyon, of the 3 Arbor looks the least inviting at least by the looks of the website.

Pics & a review to come later on.

Trappers Turn Golf Club

Nice course, not as visually stunning as the back 9 at Wild Rock but still very nice. Lot's & lot's of bunkers guarding the greens, especially on the lake course. Played all 3 courses, 9 holes each. Started out on Canyon, then Arbor & finished up on Lake. Scored 44-45-44 for a 133 total with 52 putts. Greens seem to have dormant already & were rock hard & ultra fast. I wasn't that sharp with the approach game today but my driver was on fire. Had 21 opportunites to hit fairway & nailed 14 of them, most were dead center too. Distances went from 215 yds up to 258 was my best & I am very very pleased with that one. Slightly uphill, doglegged right with a forced carry over a marsh & I set it down past the dogleg right in the middle of the fairway. Course I the screwed up the 2nd shot something fierce.

Couldn't hit a damn green on any of the par 3's though. 6 chances & screwed then all up, but for some reason my 2nd shot's on those worked out perfectly. Perhaps I am overthinking the damn tee shots because I start getting real handsy & just can't seem to get comfortable holding the club.

Anyways I will post up some pics, don't think I will post them all since I took quite a few.

Yo Wi-Golfer,

Those drive distances are good for Trapper's Turn. The fairways are generally not set up for much roll. I really enjoy playing that set of courses. Which is your favorite hole (s). I enjoyed all three finishing holes. Was it busy out there?????

Not busy at all, played Canyon 1st & didn't run into anyone. Arbor was next & I caught up to a 2some on the 9th. Lake I ran into a 4some on the 8th but that was it.

Hmm favorite holes, well it sure as hell wasn't the par 3's although some of them were the best looking holes with the elevation changes & extremely well guarded greens. The 7th on Canyon is a little gimmicky but it's kinda cool looking.

I like Arbors 5th hole, uphill dogleg left. Not real tough if you place your tee shot well. But mess up going left & you are screwed.

The 8th on Arbor is neat with that serpentine bunker, the forced carry, etc.

Best hole on Arbor has to be the 9th though, long par 4 where you really need to carry the corner in order to accomplish anything. I made it past the corner but needed another 5'..that's right 5' of roll & it would have been past a small hump in the fairway. If I rolled over that hump the ball easily would have rolled another 20-30 yds downhill.

For Canyon I liked hole 1, really neat tee shot with the elevated box & no idea where the green is with the sever dogleg.

And the 9th is probably one of the best closing holes I have ever played. 530 yd par 5 where a good tee shot will allow your 2nd shot to carry the water easily. I amde it over the water on my 2nd but went right just into the trees & had to chip out which forced me into getting on the green in 4. Still a very nice looking & fun hole.

#1 on Lake is a fun hole with a tough tee shot over the water.
#4 which is the elevated par 3 is a neat looking hole which I totally messed up.
#6 is another par 3 with absolutely brutal bunkers
And #9 is a nice par5 closing hole where I had a shot at getting on in 2 & once again messed up. Of the 3 closing holes this is probably the worst of them.

Going to try & add a few pics, net connection has been a bit squirrly.
7th hole on Canyon, if you are straight it's an easy shot. Any other direction & you are in trouble.
100_1141.jpg
100_1146.jpg

Tee box for the 8th.
And this was my typical divot for the day. Funny how I have been a picker but am slowly turning into a digger. Probably had 12 or so just like this, 1 was almost a damn beaver pelt. Swear it ended up being a good 12' long.
100_1149.jpg
100_1150.jpg
100_1151.jpg

Arbors 8th hole from the tee box & then the serpentine bunker.
100_1156.jpg
100_1158.jpg
100_1159.jpg

Looking back at the clubhouse from the 8th.

This is from 9's tee box looking down on 6-7 & 8.

And this is 9th, there is a rock wall on the left which the guy in the picture somehow put his tee shot on top of. My shot ended up just right of the group of pines straight ahead, really couldn't have placed it any better if I had driven the cart up & dropped the ball down.
100_1160.jpg
100_1161.jpg
100_1162.jpg

Little closer look at the rock wall.

The164 yd par 3 4th hole, swamp/marsh at the bottom of the hill, bunker directly in front & water to the right. It's all or nothing for this one.
100_1163.jpg
100_1166.jpg
100_1167.jpg

Looking back up toiwards the tee box for that same par 3.

Sign is kinda boring but it's the backway into the course, I didn't even know there was a main entrance until I was leaving.
100_1168.jpg
100_1169.jpg
100_1170.jpg

This is from the 5th looking back across the lake towards the 1st.

Brutal bunkers in front of the last par 3.
100_1171.jpg
100_1174.jpg
100_1175.jpg

Pot style bunkers on the 8th, for some reason I couldn't capture with the camera how deep these damn things actually are.

The 8th's fairway & you can see Mt Olympus's roller coaster in the background.

9th fairway looking across Mystic lake.
100_1176.jpg
100_1177.jpg
100_1178.jpg

Nice Course! I really like the long and narrow par 3 (7th hole Canyon) and the down hill par 3 (4th Lake). Par 3s really set a course apart in my opinion.

I hate em, par 3's are the devils invention. I would like a course with nothing but long par 4's & 5's.

They look great but for some reason put me on the tee box with an iron & I freeze up. I can hit that same iron perfectly from the fairway or the rough though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301