• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TVC - TN report

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
Thanks to Tim Chopp, owner of TourSwing Golf, for sending this demo driver, and to indacup, for his assist in getting it to us. :thumbs up:

I've had this driver a couple of weeks now, but due to my long work hours, I can only swing a club on the weekends, or when we made this TN trip.

So I will likely keep it another week before mailing it back, so I can hit it a few more times.

In TN, none of us was having stellar driving days. Inconsistent would be kind. eclark probably hit the best drive of the weekend with my old 983K, a good high 280 yard poke. He has a very nice swing, but had problems doing a good one multiple times in a row.

Still, he did manage a few good shots with the TVC. mddubya and I did not fare too well, hitting pull hooks and bad fades. I don't think eracer had a chance to hit it. My consensus: the shaft was just not the right one for me.

Now the good news: the weekend before, I took it to my local range and had a couple of flatbelly mini-tour players hit it. They killed the ball with it.

And they all liked the head. Again, the shaft wasn't exactly right for them, but they were still hitting the ball over 280 yards with this combo. With a 9° head and a shaft of their preference, I could see them hitting over 300 yards easy.

I guess no driver will make up for LOFT and a good fitting.

Thanks again for the demo, and please let me know if you would sell me a 9° head only for a good price, so I can give it to the mini-tour player to test.

Sadly Doc pretty well summed it up for me as well. I was not having a very good weekend with my driver that I'm used to. So trying out the TVC was almost a painful exercise. I managed a couple of good hits with it, and when I made solid contact I loved the sound. And I LOVE the smoked face, shows you right away where the ball made contact. But the shaft just didn't suit my swing at all, although I'm not sure there is one made that would suit my driver swing over the Tn. weekend. :shocked:

What are the shaft and head specs on the club you guys had? Obviously it would be a stretch on indacup/TourSwing's part, but we already have a beat club here - I'd be willing to put a few swings on it and give a review before shipping it to the next guy. Just an idea, since the club's already out there hitting balls.

Thanks guys for the input....

The club that was made was really a crap shoot...originally we were told that there were going to be MANY people attending...with 280 and more yards being the norm..but no one really under a 15 hdcp.

Then add that now it was being delivered at a time when no one has hit a ball for a long time, we knew was just gonna not work.

This was really brought home when it was reported that instead of just one type of mishit, people were hitting slices and hooks.

As already mentioned this was a case of the Indians having trouble with the arrows after the melting of the snow...LOL

The club was mated with a shaft that has less than 2* dispersion and plays to about a strong R flex by Avenger standards.

On the flip side, another forum met up this past weekend in Arizona, where more of the swings were not as rusty and the numbers were astounding.

But it also didn't hurt that I was here and knew their swings and fit accordingly....something we didn't have the opportunity to do in TN.

Perhaps when the June outing in WI comes up, I plan on attending...maybe I can get Tim and a LDA player or two to attend and we can fit there?

Fit it to a bunch of old guys and it should work... :D

With the exception of eclark and MIKE1218... :D

Quit exaggerating my distance wbl! :laugh: I'm about 260 avg, 270 on a big swing. I wouldn't say I'm long compared to the average of the board.

Quit exaggerating my distance wbl! :laugh: I'm about 260 avg, 270 on a big swing. I wouldn't say I'm long compared to the average of the board.

Actually if we go by actual distance & not internet distance you are above average easily.

He's probably 30 yards longer than me. Don't worry, my eyes are so bad I can't tell the difference either. lol

Well, since Eric was consistantly around 300 the last time we played with him that puts you at 270-280 which ain't too bad.... :)

I wonder how Byron (the bomber) is doing in that thin Colorado air? Man, 350-375 yard drives over and over (ACTUAL measured with a GPS). And he swung so easy. Luckily he'd spray them once in awhile so I could stay within a few strokes. :thumbs up:

Jerry, Jake doesn't like the brag & downplays his driving prowess. The kid flat out knocks the piss outta the ball & I would say he is pretty close if not even if Eric.

That's what I thought when I watched him hitting balls on the driving range at Lawsonia... :)

Beautiful swing....

He and Eric are so flexible it's scary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35