• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

UFO/Aliens

How far have we really come from throwing feces at each other and sitting in a tree masturbating all day?

I own a baseball and a sofa. Does that answer your question?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think you're genuinely misunderstanding. If there is "no existence" then there is obviously no observation-- there would be nothing to observe. Something doesn't come out of nothing.

Perception does NOT create reality; think outside the box. Without perception, YOU would not be aware of reality, but YOU are only one being in this reality. Reality exists whether you choose to accept it or not. For example, you could be shot without ever seeing, hearing, or being aware of the gunman. You will die or be seriously hurt when the bullet hits you regardless of whether or not you PERCEIVED it.

New discoveries that "destroy" old ones just illustrate the poor logic and irrational thinking that was used in days before science. If a statement is truly rational and proper, then new information only makes a previous statement more precise. In rare occasions, a seemingly good idea (which was likely based on a correlation rather than true causality) can be destroyed, but only be an idea which we KNOW is better. How can any idea be better than any other if you can never really KNOW anything, Eracer?

This is the sort of BS that gets talked about in colleges, nowadays. Man is blind because he has eyes, deaf because he has ears, and destined to know nothing because he has a mind. It's bunk. If you have a proper understanding of concept formation (MANY people don't) then you're not ever in the dark. You understand logic, the onus of proof, and other rational necessities.

I recently read an essay on the Primacy of Consciousness, and it's basically an idea that stems from seeing the world as it revolves around ONE person. Well, it doesn't. Perception is not reality, because without reality, there would be nothing to perceive. Try building a skyscraper without the first 30 floors, and you'll have a better understanding of "perception is reality".

Your reality, I'm afraid, is wrong. You see, reality is, as we know it, incomplete. We don't know, nor will we(again barring the major) the true spectrum of all. Again, I'm afraid to say it, but concept formation is a tool, nothing more.

And where the hell did monkey into man come from, and why do boobs still argue about it? Poor Darwin, anyone who thinks he thought that up needs to shove a sock up their arse and read a book.

I own a baseball and a sofa. Does that answer your question?

Not really but you'd better duck, there's a turd coming at you from long distance.
icon10.gif

Your reality, I'm afraid, is wrong. You see, reality is, as we know it, incomplete. We don't know, nor will we(again barring the major) the true spectrum of all. Again, I'm afraid to say it, but concept formation is a tool, nothing more.

And where the hell did monkey into man come from, and why do boobs still argue about it? Poor Darwin, anyone who thinks he thought that up needs to shove a sock up their arse and read a book.
i think it has been misquoted alot myself...i am preatty sure it was meant to be read as our closing living relative is and ape...so people figure oh well that is certainly where we came from then...i know for sure what the direct cause of genetic mutation does..and that is what explains the theory of evolution due to natural selection...the results of genetic mutation can be seen in anyone who was exposed to depleted uranium

I'm not big into religion but my beliefs tend to follow Christianity. To me, "god", nature and science all coexist. There are a lot of "how's?" we can explain but very few "why's?".

I've had an experience that is unexplainable and since then have accepted there are things that will be unexplainable. A car and a truck collide, both jumping the curb where 2 boys are waiting to cross the street on bikes. One boy's bike ends up under the rear tire of the car folded in half, he stands nearly 20ft. away from the car to watch his friend struck and killed by the truck. I'll never be able to explain how I got from the bike to 20ft. away from where the bike ended up. Perhaps I made an leap off 2 feet that would have set an Olympic record, except I did it backwards? I don't know. All I know is one second I was about to be killed and the next I was out of harms way.

i think it has been misquoted alot myself...i am preatty sure it was meant to be read as our closing living relative is and ape...so people figure oh well that is certainly where we came from then...i know for sure what the direct cause of genetic mutation does..and that is what explains the theory of evolution due to natural selection...the results of genetic mutation can be seen in anyone who was exposed to depleted uranium

Never once did Darwin say that man came from people, and sorry folks, evolution does exist within this reality. Anyway, its just silliness.

I'm not big into religion but my beliefs tend to follow Christianity. To me, "god", nature and science all coexist. There are a lot of "how's?" we can explain but very few "why's?".

I've had an experience that is unexplainable and since then have accepted there are things that will be unexplainable. A car and a truck collide, both jumping the curb where 2 boys are waiting to cross the street on bikes. One boy's bike ends up under the rear tire of the car folded in half, he stands nearly 20ft. away from the car to watch his friend struck and killed by the truck. I'll never be able to explain how I got from the bike to 20ft. away from where the bike ended up. Perhaps I made an leap off 2 feet that would have set an Olympic record, except I did it backwards? I don't know. All I know is one second I was about to be killed and the next I was out of harms way.

But who's to say what why is? If God is divine, and we are flawed, then we cannot fathom divinity. If God isn't divine, then we are suspect to wills and whims, to which some are impossibly doomed. What am I getting at?

You jerks jacked my thread and turned it into a Members Section thread!

If man came from apes, why are there still apes?

Ezra76

And why didn't other animals evolve to be intelligent? (I love this argument). :D I mean dolphins are supposed to be smart (not the Miami ones WG :D ). Why didn't they evolve into more intelligent creatures?

And which is the right religion? I guess the ones that teach man to get along and not kill each other. And from what I understand the real Muslim religion follows this. The Osama Bin Laden version is NOT the true Muslim teachings. Amazing though is how most major world religions (Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Budhist, etc) have just one God. :)

Sorry Jeff, back to er... ah... oh yeah. UFO's.

:)

And why didn't other animals evolve to be intelligent? (I ove this argument). :D I mean dolphins are supposed to be smart (not the Miami ones WG :D ). Why didn't they evolve into intelligent creatures?

Okay, entertaining this silly discussion...

Man and chimps have a 4% genetic difference. Obviously, that's a big 4%. However, think of it this way...was "caveman" terribly different from chimps? Somewhat. We used tools more, more creative, and more adaptable, but not such a big leap here. So think of it this way, that 4% of genetic material that seperates us from chimps is an exponential 4%, thusly, it grows and advances further.

Just a school of thought.

And this is a silly discussion anyway, man from ape is like arguing religion, but worse. Oh, and why did you turn this fun interesting thread into a religion thread? I hate religion threads.

God.

Never once did Darwin say that man came from people, and sorry folks, evolution does exist within this reality. Anyway, its just silliness.

But who's to say what why is? If God is divine, and we are flawed, then we cannot fathom divinity. If God isn't divine, then we are suspect to wills and whims, to which some are impossibly doomed. What am I getting at?

You jerks jacked my thread and turned it into a Members Section thread!

Don't blame me, that happened on like the 3rd response on the 1st page.

I just don't buy a lot of "evolution" type stuff. Physically I don't believe we've changed a whole lot. The changes come from living in societies where we learn from everything everyone else has ever figured out in thier lifetime and having the ability to communicate that information. I just don't buy into any flippers turning into feet bull$hit.

We've gone way beyond simply fulfilling our needs using basically survival instinct. That's still there though, doesn't need to be learned. I've had the oppurtunity to see mine in action a few times and it's eye opening. You'd be surprised what you are capable of when it comes down to living or dying.

So, big surprise, I don't have any answers. The reality is, nobody does.

Don't blame me, that happened on like the 3rd response on the 1st page.

I just don't buy a lot of "evolution" type stuff. Physically I don't believe we've changed a whole lot. The changes come from living in societies where we learn from everything everyone else has ever figured out in thier lifetime and having the ability to communicate that information. I just don't buy into any flippers turning into feet bull$hit.

We've gone way beyond simply fulfilling our needs using basically survival instinct. That's still there though, doesn't need to be learned. I've had the oppurtunity to see mine in action a few times and it's eye opening. You'd be surprised what you are capable of when it comes down to living or dying.

So, big surprise, I don't have any answers. The reality is, nobody does.

See, here's the thing, everyone seems to think that evolution means I grow a second set of male genitalia to bang two girls at once...overnight. NOT SO!

Evolution is a slow thing. Notice how when a plant went up some black moths slowly turned white(took years) to match the plant? There ya go. Notice how some birds beaks are perfectly suited for breaking open nuts that they live by? There ya go.

And why didn't other animals evolve to be intelligent? (I love this argument). :D I mean dolphins are supposed to be smart (not the Miami ones WG :D ). Why didn't they evolve into more intelligent creatures?

And which is the right religion? I guess the ones that teach man to get along and not kill each other. And from what I understand the real Muslim religion follows this. The Osama Bin Laden version is NOT the true Muslim teachings. Amazing though is how most major world religions (Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Budhist, etc) have just one God. :)

Sorry Jeff, back to er... ah... oh yeah. UFO's.

:)

Oh, and want to hear something saweet? Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all conform to the same god. Nutters!

Anyway, I'm not big on talking much religion because I rather not discuss a topic rationally that has so very many irrational concepts.

Well, how far back do you want to go? Sooner or later you run into fecking dinosaurs. Even caveman, how much different were they physically than humans living in the same area of the world today? Did they still have 206 bones? Am I drawing pictures on a fecking wall to communicate my ideas or am I typing on a laptop to some dude 2100miles away? What's the difference when you really get right down to it? Just the medium really.

BTW- typing would be a lot easier with a 6th finger, lol.

Oh, and I wasn't blaming you Ez.

A forum just isn't a place for a conversation like this. But it is genuinely disappointing that so many people are willing to accept that they know nothing, and never will.

There are a lot of statements I'd like to answer, but it's senseless. There are more stolen abstractions and frozen concepts in this thread than I've seen in a long time.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back