• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What a difference a day makes....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Reaction score
Ok, not a day exactly, it's more like what a difference 30 years makes.

My youngest is in town for a visit before summer school starts and since her bf is here as well I invited him to play in our scramble last Sunday.

You just forget how much stronger and much more flexible we used to be. Our #1 hole is 355 yd dogleg right. Because of the dogleg, driver is risky unless you cut the corner just right. He decided to play safe and hit his 3 iron but ended up going right of the fairway as if he intended to cut the corner.

Mine was safe but we wanted to find his before making a decision in case he got a good bounce. We couldn't find it where it should have been but as we drove further down the fairway he spotted it about 40 yds from the green.

315 with 3 iron. Granted, he got a good bounce and roll but 315 with 3 iron?
It was like this all day, I'd be hitting 5 iron and he would hit a 7 or 8.

I think I need to add some flexibilty excercises to my workouts. And a drink from the fountain of youth wouldn't hurt anything either.

Man! Wow...dude must really have one heck of a swing!

haha, I use a 3 or 4 to go 100 yards and that's only if I get a good swing !! Of course I'm just starting but still.

315? I can't even drive that far!

This guy might be a keeper! :) :)

I need to add some workouts to my life before I can start thinking about flexibility. ;)

Ah to be young and doing your daughter Dave.;) Reminds me of a joke.

Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.

~QQ

Now QQ, some dad's might be upset with a comment like that but not me. And to prove it here's a picture of a nice cloud for you. :p

Sorry Dave. Where's the sense of humor this morning?

~QQ

Quentin said:
Sorry Dave. Where's the sense of humor this morning?

~QQ

I thought I was being funny. I must need another cup of coffee. :D

Oh, well in that case...
soccerbaby.jpg

LOL, that's the picture I almost used. There's just something about kids and sports that makes you feel good. :p

DaveE said:
LOL, that's the picture I almost used. There's just something about kids and sports that makes you feel good. :p

Tell that to Micheal Jackson.

R35

2 words.

Jesus Juice.

Sick SOB...

I once heard of Phil Mickelson hitting a three iron 310 yards but...

The kid probably got a lucky bounce. It happened to me just yesterday although not in such a dramatic fashion. I teed off on a dogleg right 496 yard par five and hit it hard but pulled it far right (I'm a lefty) where it hit the cart path, bounced through a tree and landed dead middle of the next fairway. Due to the set up of both holes it ended up putting me only 120 yards from the green I'd been aiming for. I certainly didn't hit a three wood off the tee some 376 yards. I also got lucky in that there was a good 20 yard gap in between trees so I had a clear shot at the green.

Anyway, good on him, or anyone for that matter (except Sergio Garcia) for either getting a lucky bounce or making a tremendous shot.

i played in a junior summer league a couple years back, the last hole was like a 380 yard par 4, now mind you i would have only been 13, so a 300 yard drive was an accomplishment for me, anyway, i pasted one out there a ways, i figured i was out there with a hundred yards left, turns out i hit a yardage block and rolled onto the green, simple two putt from 40 ft out, ah, back in the day when i could actually putt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520