• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What club should I be using out of the sand?

You better not let anyone else see this. It doesn't happen very often! LOL...

Cheers FBK,

R35

coming from GR where everybody fought about everything, im just trying to agree more and not be so argumentative.

It depends. Sometimes I use my 60* out of the sand, sometimes my sand wedge, and sometimes, yes, my putter. It's all situational.

haha yess!! this past winter was freezing cold, and most of the time the bunkers were absolutely frozen solid. i mean you couldnt even take any sand, it was hard as a rock, so i used my putter out of the bunkers.

also sometimes i will use a 8 or 9 iron or keep the SW face a bit closed and hit the shot like that. if i try to use my LW with an open face i blade it and the ball goes all the way over the green.

For me, club choice is dictated by the situation. If the situation allows, my first choice would be a putter. In hard sand in a deep or lipped bunker, I use a 60* lob wedge with low bounce or I might "chip" out with a 7 iron. Soft fluffy sand I use a 56* SW. In a fairway bunker I use a fairway wood regardless of sand type or distance.
actually, fairway woods are the hardest clubs to use out of bunkers. you want to just nip the ball and catch little to no sand. i use a 4 iron from outside 180 and a Pw from inside 120. you also are never supposed to hit something with alot of bounce out of a fairway bunker cuz then you chunk it.

in fact my best shot i have ever hit came from a fairway bunker exactly 200 yds out. i hit a perfect 4 iron with some spin ,one hop and stop, to literally 2 feet.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking