• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you build today?

1447954468690.jpg
1447954503811.jpg

My latest creation

It's a work that only an expert craftsman could do. People don't make things like that anymore. Only machines operated by computers do. Well done!!!!

Even though it's beautiful, I'd be afraid to use it. That design is almost dizzying. My eyes would be crossed while cutting something and I'd lose a finger or entire hand!!!!:D

It's a work that only an expert craftsman could do. People don't make things like that anymore. Only machines operated by computers do. Well done!!!!

Even though it's beautiful, I'd be afraid to use it. That design is almost dizzying. My eyes would be crossed while cutting something and I'd lose a finger or entire hand!!!!:D
Thanks, limp....means a lot to me.

I made it just to see if I could. It was really easy. I just had to use a mic to make sure my measurements were within 1/10th of a mm. I cut everything 3mm over and then used plane to hit my number.

The design is a little too busy for most people. I made it for my 18 yr old neice who loves to cook. She is the reason I am even making cutting boards. The rest of the boards I make will be more conservative.

Thanks, limp....means a lot to me.

I made it just to see if I could. It was really easy. I just had to use a mic to make sure my measurements were within 1/10th of a mm. I cut everything 3mm over and then used plane to hit my number.

The design is a little too busy for most people. I made it for my 18 yr old neice who loves to cook. She is the reason I am even making cutting boards. The rest of the boards I make will be more conservative.
F#ck that! It's awesome! Build what you want to build man, the hell with it's too busy!

It's a work that only an expert craftsman could do. People don't make things like that anymore. Only machines operated by computers do.
Imo, that's why woodworkers are few and far between. You just can't compete with factory made items. I have seen stuff for sale that's cheaper than I could by the wood.

My SIL has a embroidery/arts and crafts shop and wants me to make some stuff to sell. I figure the stuff I make will just gather dust, idk. I live in a poor, depressed area and people aren't likely to spend $100 on a cutting board. I plan on making a couple simple cutting boards to see if they sell, but I'm not optimistic.

Imo, that's why woodworkers are few and far between. You just can't compete with factory made items. I have seen stuff for sale that's cheaper than I could by the wood.

My SIL has a embroidery/arts and crafts shop and wants me to make some stuff to sell. I figure the stuff I make will just gather dust, idk. I live poor depressed area and people aren't likely to spend over 100 on a cutting board. I plan on making a couple simple cutting boards to see if they sell, but I'm not optimistic.
Already got dibs on one!

Already got dibs on one!
Just let me know the dimensions, wood type and design that you're looking for. I might be able to get it to you in time for Christmas. I only have 1 more necessary item to make. It's kindof complex so, it will take a week or 2 to finish, then I can start on yours.

Just let me know the dimensions, wood type and design that you're looking for. I might be able to get it to you in time for Christmas. I only have 1 more necessary item to make. It's kindof complex so, it will take a week or 2 to finish, then I can start on yours.
It'll be a gift for Mrs FWS but no rush. As far a dimensions and all that, up to you. Our kitchen cabinets are dark walnut, so something like that I guess. Thanks man!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520

3. 15,299