• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
United States United States
I bought a set of Callaway Mavrik Max irons three weeks ago. My ball striking wasn't great over the Winter and I decided I needed more forgiveness. It has been quite a change from the Mizuno JPX 850 forged I've been playing. The jury is still out. They are forgiving, but they really feel different. I kept the Mizunos so I may end up going back to them. I'm 71 with a torn rotator cuff so my swing speed isn't what it used to be when I was younger. Hopefully, I'll get used to playing shovels and can still break 80 every now and again.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Rf81d4b138b7d08966633a8ded865c432

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, it finally arrived this morning. Used, but in excellent shape. From a local guy who has been in the cart business for years. (He and my wife were born in the same hospital on the same day and did not meet each other until about 2 years ago.)

Wasn't going to go through another winter without a cover. Didn't need one this fancy, but carts are scarce right now. And... he gave me a heck of a deal! Brand new batteries. Fancy seats. AM/FM/CD radio. Lights. Chrome wheels. Cooler. Ball washer. Cover with pull-down club cover.

Has the speed chip. Rascal will run at an unbelievable speed. Way too fast for me!!!

20210503_103229.jpg
GIF_20210503_103149.gif

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Well, it finally arrived this morning. Used, but in excellent shape. From a local guy who has been in the cart business for years. (He and my wife were born in the same hospital on the same day and did not meet each other until about 2 years ago.)

Wasn't going to go through another winter without a cover. Didn't need one this fancy, but carts are scarce right now. And... he gave me a heck of a deal! Brand new batteries. Fancy seats. AM/FM/CD radio. Lights. Chrome wheels. Cooler. Ball washer. Cover with pull-down club cover.

Has the speed chip. Rascal will run at an unbelievable speed. Way too fast for me!!!

View attachment 32328 View attachment 32329

I didn't see that one coming! How am I supposed to hit that?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I didn't see that one coming! How am I supposed to hit that?
You can rent a club-owned cart by the year. Just pay an extra amount with your annual membership dues. That's what I was doing since selling our old cart. The cost of renting the club-owned cart is about a wash against the shed rent, electricity charge and trail fee we charge for private owned carts. The only advantage to owning your own is convenience and a cover if you play in adverse conditions. And... we play every day they will let us on the course.
I should be walking. But... our group is known as the NASCAR golfers! We've played 5 in the group and turned 18 in 2 hours, 40 minutes. Two of us beat 2 hours for 18 holes a few months ago. I can't run that fast!!!~

When I 'very cautiously' brought the cart up to my bride, I was surprised when she said... "Call him and tell him you'll take it!" However, she told me that was it for 2021. Father's Day... 55th wedding anniversary in September... 75th birthday in November. I haven't dared ask her what she expects and how much that will cost.....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You can rent a club-owned cart by the year. Just pay an extra amount with your annual membership dues. That's what I was doing since selling our old cart. The cost of renting the club-owned cart is about a wash against the shed rent, electricity charge and trail fee we charge for private owned carts. The only advantage to owning your own is convenience and a cover if you play in adverse conditions. And... we play every day they will let us on the course.
I should be walking. But... our group is known as the NASCAR golfers! We've played 5 in the group and turned 18 in 2 hours, 40 minutes. Two of us beat 2 hours for 18 holes a few months ago. I can't run that fast!!!~

When I 'very cautiously' brought the cart up to my bride, I was surprised when she said... "Call him and tell him you'll take it!" However, she told me that was it for 2021. Father's Day... 55th wedding anniversary in September... 75th birthday in November. I haven't dared ask her what she expects and how much that will cost.....
You will PAY for that cart in many diabolical ways limp.:eek:

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
A few days ago, received hogan equalizer II wedges. 50 and a 58. 50 has the Texas Grind.
Liking the 50 a lot!
Really smooth feeling and very nice up in the air chip shots with it open a bit. 58 is fine, intending to replace a older Cleveland 60 with it.

im going to order a 54 in the Texas grind .

felt really good to get out and practice today to, after the kidney thing. No pain, even after hitting the driver a bit.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Picked up a used chrome Callaway Jaws 50 degree wedge a couple months ago. Wanted a 50 to use as a gap wedge. It had a graphite shaft and just never felt right. Stopped by the local golf shop early last week. They had a pristine black 50 degree Jaws wedge with a Dynamic Gold shaft. Traded me straight across. (I have done lots of business with them over the years.) Made all the difference in the world. It's been "magic". Of course... honeymoon.......

🔥 Latest posts