• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Traded in the 2007 Civic Si for a 2023 Buick Envision Avenir.

Attachments

• 7EF43561-DF94-4410-A8E7-BE0275CB22CB.jpeg
    7EF43561-DF94-4410-A8E7-BE0275CB22CB.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 38
  • C2D60F57-1CE1-46CF-BBE7-A99EEBDF66A2.jpeg
    C2D60F57-1CE1-46CF-BBE7-A99EEBDF66A2.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2561E145-C5BD-40AB-9F6F-10D5752240E1.jpeg
    2561E145-C5BD-40AB-9F6F-10D5752240E1.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 47

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, the T300's lasted about 2 weeks. They went bye-bye this morning. Contemplating what to try next.
Don't know why I keep messin' with different irons. My Eye 2+ BeCu's just play great. Cleaned out the old codger's pockets yesterday and today with the BeCu's.
Pulled my drive just off the left side of the fairway on #3 this morning. 180ish out. Was laying on what would be summertime hardpan. With the moisture and frosts we've had, it had the consistency of pumpkin pie. A couple low hanging branches in my line. Pulled my BeCu 3 iron and put the ball to about 4 feet. Made bird and heard a couple vulgarities from my competitors. (Could have tried that same shot 20 times and couldn't have had it end up that close.)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Well, the T300's lasted about 2 weeks. They went bye-bye this morning. Contemplating what to try next.
Don't know why I keep messin' with different irons. My Eye 2+ BeCu's just play great. Cleaned out the old codger's pockets yesterday and today with the BeCu's.
Pulled my drive just off the left side of the fairway on #3 this morning. 180ish out. Was laying on what would be summertime hardpan. With the moisture and frosts we've had, it had the consistency of pumpkin pie. A couple low hanging branches in my line. Pulled my BeCu 3 iron and put the ball to about 4 feet. Made bird and heard a couple vulgarities from my competitors. (Could have tried that same shot 20 times and couldn't have had it end up that close.)
Just keep the Eye 2‘s in the bag. There is nothing out there that is going to replace your comfort level with those irons.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just keep the Eye 2‘s in the bag. There is nothing out there that is going to replace your comfort level with those irons.
I know, but... My Eye 2+ BeCu's are 3-LW with matching serial numbers. All left the Ping factory on the same date and have been together these years. I live in fear I will leave one behind or someone picks one of the wedges out of the bag when I'm not close to the cart. Would break my heart to lose one. So, even though they are a fun set to play with, would rather they relax in the basement where they are safe and secure. I have 2 sets of Eye 2's in steel. I've had some really low rounds with the Eye 2's. We'll see what happens between now and Spring. May just put the Eye 2's in the bag and play them.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Have a look at the Mizuno JPX series, I'm impressed at the combo of forgiveness and aesthetics. I got them on a whim but have grown to love 'em.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A Challenger Scat Pack
Got money saved back for speeding tickets?? Oh, how I remember watching the telephone poles sail past as I was pushin' 90 miles an hour. AM radio blasting Elvis, Jan & Dean, The Beach Boys, and "Crystal Blue Persuasion" by the Shondells. Now, it's speeding along at 50 mph 'cause I can't see any farther ahead than that. And, if I go too far, too fast... will forget how to get back home!!!!!! :p :p

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Got money saved back for speeding tickets?? Oh, how I remember watching the telephone poles sail past as I was pushin' 90 miles an hour. AM radio blasting Elvis, Jan & Dean, The Beach Boys, and "Crystal Blue Persuasion" by the Shondells. Now, it's speeding along at 50 mph 'cause I can't see any farther ahead than that. And, if I go too far, too fast... will forget how to get back home!!!!!! :p :p
i was heading home the other day (early morning hours after problems at work) sitting at 160kmh (100mph) - and the car had so much more to go even faster.....so much fun.

fastest i've been in car, i was driving and alone, 262kmh (163mph)......good old days.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I had picked up the T300's at a good price. Local golf shop had got them in and he made me a really good deal. They had steel shafts and I've been wanting to go graphite due to some shoulder issues. (You youngun's will soon understand what age does to your joints!!!) Thought I would try them, though, and see how we got along. Usually there's at least a honeymoon. These were certainly not bride or honeymoon material!!!
Traded almost straight across for a set of Callaway Rogue X, 5-GW, Kuro Kage graphite shafts. Should have them in about a week.
The Rogue X is a game improvement club with jacked up lofts and clubheads as big as hybrids... at least that's what they look like in the store. Will see how we get along.
One of the guys in our group got a set of the Tour Edge "irons" that are really hybrids all the way through the set. He is playing great with them and it's changed up his game. Supplier had a set of C521 Tour Edge in new condition. Almost went that way, but if I'm gonna play old man's clubs, gonna at least have a name brand on them so my pride ain't hurt that much when someone takes a look at the bag!!! :>)
Now off to see what kind of a deal i can get on a different putter........

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I had picked up the T300's at a good price. Local golf shop had got them in and he made me a really good deal. They had steel shafts and I've been wanting to go graphite due to some shoulder issues. (You youngun's will soon understand what age does to your joints!!!) Thought I would try them, though, and see how we got along. Usually there's at least a honeymoon. These were certainly not bride or honeymoon material!!!
Traded almost straight across for a set of Callaway Rogue X, 5-GW, Kuro Kage graphite shafts. Should have them in about a week.
The Rogue X is a game improvement club with jacked up lofts and clubheads as big as hybrids... at least that's what they look like in the store. Will see how we get along.
One of the guys in our group got a set of the Tour Edge "irons" that are really hybrids all the way through the set. He is playing great with them and it's changed up his game. Supplier had a set of C521 Tour Edge in new condition. Almost went that way, but if I'm gonna play old man's clubs, gonna at least have a name brand on them so my pride ain't hurt that much when someone takes a look at the bag!!! :>)
Now off to see what kind of a deal i can get on a different putter........
M I Z U N O J P X with X C A L I B E R shafts
(you wont regret it!)

just saying...

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Well, I haven't bought them or built them yet... But close. I play the Steelfiber shafts, and need to go to a heavier profile. Will be ordering the i125s, but also MIGHT be ordering a set of Miura tc201 heads as well. I did a new fitting and the Srixon ZX7 MKII was the head to beat, and the Miuras did that and felt SOOO much better. I want a very soft feel. Like a marshmallow fu€¥!ng a microwaved stick of butter. I'm not looking for more yards, I'm on with a 150 yard 8 iron. So, I'm not chasing distance. I want forgiveness if I miss hit it. I love my MP29s, but I want to play better. So it is between the Miuras and the Kyoie, but I've never hit the Kyoies, and for what they cost I can't be spending willy billy. I've got my 718 AP2s, but I hit the Mizunos better. I guess it's just time to pony up. I don't think the misses sees it that way though.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Got my set of Callaway Rogues today. Perfect condition. Brand new grips. 5-UW with Kuro Kage graphite shafts. Hopefully on the course with them tomorrow. Still playing with a couple more changes. Once set, will redo my signature.

🔥 Latest posts