• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Picked up my new Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Stroke Lab this morning. Been a while since I gave up on the last mallet. Reading good things about the counterbalancing of the Stroke Lab putters. Have always liked the 7 "fang" style. Gonna be a couple days before I'll have it on the course.

Was really interested in the Cleveland HB Soft Milled putters. Decision came down to the very important.... vain... thought of having 99.9% of my bag all one manufacturer's products. That does mean lower scores, doesn't it????

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Not playing at the moment, but before my hiatus I was testing the Cobra King LTDx driver. It was interesting. Maybe not as forgiving at the Sim2 but when you caught it right, it popped!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Picked up my new Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Stroke Lab this morning. Been a while since I gave up on the last mallet. Reading good things about the counterbalancing of the Stroke Lab putters. Have always liked the 7 "fang" style. Gonna be a couple days before I'll have it on the course.

Was really interested in the Cleveland HB Soft Milled putters. Decision came down to the very important.... vain... thought of having 99.9% of my bag all one manufacturer's products. That does mean lower scores, doesn't it????
I don't, nor have I ever carried any "Callaway" clubs, although it is my wife''s club of choice. However Odyssey White Hots are the only putters I have ever used, and the #7 model is what I have used since it came out. I doubt I will ever switch.

I pride myself as a putter. I have only ever owned 4 putters. 1st was a #4. Replaced it only because I slipped on a rock. Landed on my putter, buckled the face from the bottom, ended up in the ER. Seeing the face of my putter buckled hurt worse than my back.

Bought what I believe was the first #7 model released. Only replaced it because they came out with the Black Series, with the tungsten fangs for around $270, so I treated myself thinking it would be my last putter. I loved that putter, and it would have been my last. Although after several years, one of the tungsten fangs started to turn back and forth (they were mounted on posts). Not sure how it happened, maybe my bag fell and hit the fang? After trying epoxy, super glue, and even JB Weld, it never held for more than a few rounds so I gave up.

I actually called Odyssey to find out if it could be fixed, or if they had any more warehoused somewhere, since they no longer made. Unfortunately not, but they did give me a brand new Pro model for free. Which is my current putter.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I don't, nor have I ever carried any "Callaway" clubs, although it is my wife''s club of choice. However Odyssey White Hots are the only putters I have ever used, and the #7 model is what I have used since it came out. I doubt I will ever switch.

I pride myself as a putter. I have only ever owned 4 putters. 1st was a #4. Replaced it only because I slipped on a rock. Landed on my putter, buckled the face from the bottom, ended up in the ER. Seeing the face of my putter buckled hurt worse than my back.

Bought what I believe was the first #7 model released. Only replaced it because they came out with the Black Series, with the tungsten fangs for around $270, so I treated myself thinking it would be my last putter. I loved that putter, and it would have been my last. Although after several years, one of the tungsten fangs started to turn back and forth (they were mounted on posts). Not sure how it happened, maybe my bag fell and hit the fang? After trying epoxy, super glue, and even JB Weld, it never held for more than a few rounds so I gave up.

I actually called Odyssey to find out if it could be fixed, or if they had any more warehoused somewhere, since they no longer made. Unfortunately not, but they did give me a brand new Pro model for free. Which is my current putter.
#1 at our course is a fairly long par 5. Was on in 3 with a 10 ft. birdie putt. First putt on the course with the new putter... center cup... BIRDIE! Made quite a few more, this morning. Just do understand there is always a honeymoon........

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Pretty funny in the nature of this thread "What did you buy today?" I believe outside of buying wedges, to replace worn out wedges about every 5 years, the last time I actually spent money on any club out of just want and not needing something was the Black Series putter about 10-12 years ago. lol

Although I did "Score" my 2 Titleist 917F 4w and 7w's with gift cards from a couple handicapped tournaments I won a few years back.

So Limp, If I do actually spend money this year on a new club in the Odyssey #7 putter this year, it will be your fault :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Damn, maybe I need new clubs, not because I can't afford them. I still play a Wishon Driver, and Adams V3 4, 5 and 6 hybrids. I didn't realize how old they were getting, Adams has been out of business since they were aquired by TM in 2012. lol

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Damn, maybe I need new clubs, not because I can't afford them. I still play a Wishon Driver, and Adams V3 4, 5 and 6 hybrids. I didn't realize how old they were getting, Adams has been out of business since they were aquired by TM in 2012. lol
FYI…Adams is back in business. Still owned by TM, I believe, but they started putting out clubs with the Adams name again in the last 2 years or so……then again, looks like they are gone, again. Went to check their website and it’s says coming soon…

So, out of business twice since you bought your clubs 😄

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
FYI…Adams is back in business. Still owned by TM, I believe, but they started putting out clubs with the Adams name again in the last 2 years or so……then again, looks like they are gone, again. Went to check their website and it’s says coming soon…

So, out of business twice since you bought your clubs 😄

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
As mentioned, have a birthday coming up in a week. Its a big one this year, so I’m told anyway... 4-0!! Guess I owe myself a trip into a store and just buying a whole new set no?!?!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
As mentioned, have a birthday coming up in a week. Its a big one this year, so I’m told anyway... 4-0!! Guess I owe myself a trip into a store and just buying a whole new set no?!?!
Funny you mention that. My Birthday was last week. My wife and I stopped with buying each other gifts about 20-25 years ago. We just buy what we want if we want something.

Guessing I may be getting some Hybrids in the next month or so. ;)

My wife's birthday was in January, she mentioned her irons are older than my hybrids. So may be going to the store together

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Funny you mention that. My Birthday was last week. My wife and I stopped with buying each other gifts about 20-25 years ago. We just buy what we want if we want something.

Guessing I may be getting some Hybrids in the next month or so. ;)

My wife's birthday was in January, she mentioned her irons are older than my hybrids. So may be going to the store together
At the risk of sounding too corny for here, the couple who shops golf equipment together, stays together... fingers crossed anyway!?!?!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
At the risk of sounding too corny for here, the couple who shops golf equipment together, stays together... fingers crossed anyway!?!?!
We've been married for 35 years, although we have only golfed for 20. It was actually something we tried out as something to do together. So we signed up for 5 x 1hr group lessons. We were both immediately hooked, and joined a club the next year. It is now pretty much our main thing in life. Almost every vacation is a golf vacation, we rarely travel anywhere without our clubs.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We've been married 57 years in September. Would never have lasted had we both played golf... and together!!! Have lots of respect for those who can enjoy it as a couple, though.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
A Bell II N410 Center shafted putter. Ordered online sight unseen. Closest thing I could find to a Yes! Carolyne in today’s marketplace.

If it does work out, I may be scouring the Bay for some used Carolynes. 😜

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A Bell II N410 Center shafted putter. Ordered online sight unseen. Closest thing I could find to a Yes! Carolyne in today’s marketplace.

If it does work out, I may be scouring the Bay for some used Carolynes. 😜
Evenroll ER2CS might also fit the bill. Looks similar to the Bell you referenced.

🔥 Latest posts