• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

These Adams shovels are like cheating. Once my ego caved in and I embraced my geezerness and went with Adams, my game has improved. I never thought I'd be playing the best golf of my life in my mid sixties.

So, you've exorcised your Ping demons?

Good luck Jerry. If it ain't right, don't push it.

Shot a 89 yesterday, first round in over a week. Been busy trying to get through the to-do list my lovely wife made for me..
Flag sticks at a 45 degree angle, it was windy.. (or as they say in Ireland, a slight breeze).
Put a 12.5 degree Long Tom Cobra in the bag, worked absolutely perfect in the wind. Hit almost every bunker because my aim is Stevie Wonder-like. Sand was like concrete and couldn't make a putt if my life depended on it. But the Long Tom 2-wood is a keeper.

Shortened my backswing with the driver to keep off the right foot so much and it worked. No more hooks and good distance. Got a little sloppy with my chipping but it's all gonna be alright soon. No scores until I'm back to normal. :D
sssmokin' says you never were "normal"!!!!:D:D The game will return. Until then, at least you are out playing golf when some of us have made stupid decisions to go back to work!!! Have fun!!!!!

sssmokin' says you never were "normal"!!!!:D:D The game will return. Until then, at least you are out playing golf when some of us have made stupid decisions to go back to work!!! Have fun!!!!!
Don't you know you're too old to work! Retire and if needed make the wife work.

Don't you know you're too old to work! Retire and if needed make the wife work.
Heck! We're BOTH still working. We're both healthy and enjoy our work, especially since she doesn't have to put up with me around the house!! I did enjoy my work until yesterday. Rough day. Back sorta enjoying it today.
Makes quite a bit of difference when you know at any time you can toss your stuff in the truck and go home, telling the entire working world to take a hike. Puts an entirely different perspective on continuing working than when we depended on the income and had to worry about keeping a job.
Sounds like she will finally shut down the end of 2016 and I will when this job is done in early 2017... unless someone pulls my chain before then and gives me a halfway good excuse to walk...............

Heck! We're BOTH still working. We're both healthy and enjoy our work, especially since she doesn't have to put up with me around the house!! I did enjoy my work until yesterday. Rough day. Back sorta enjoying it today.
Makes quite a bit of difference when you know at any time you can toss your stuff in the truck and go home, telling the entire working world to take a hike. Puts an entirely different perspective on continuing working than when we depended on the income and had to worry about keeping a job.
Sounds like she will finally shut down the end of 2016 and I will when this job is done in early 2017... unless someone pulls my chain before then and gives me a halfway good excuse to walk...............
You're old as dirt. Walk.

Heck! We're BOTH still working. We're both healthy and enjoy our work, especially since she doesn't have to put up with me around the house!! ..

Which is not as silly as made out.

A person sees so many cases where the guy retires and the wife realises she can't put up with him 24 hours a day.

Which is not as silly as made out.

A person sees so many cases where the guy retires and the wife realises she can't put up with him 24 hours a day.
She is the first to say the ONLY reason she's put up with me for 50 years is that I've been gone half the time!!!!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520