• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

This lake has WIDE cracks near the shore. The fishing club puts out big metal "bridges" over them so people can get out on it. The depth of the lake is 20' all over. We were over 17'. It's downright scary driving out there (2 miles or more) because there are cracks in the ice out in the middle and you have to watch where you go. Sitting in the shack there's a loud "crunch" and SIL says it's just the ice "shifting". He also has me unbuckle my seat belt when driving out to the shack for "safety" (in case we go through I guess). Very different.
On second thought...maybe I'll stick to fishing in warm water.

You don't know nuthin 'bout that shit huh greg? Yes, we start fires on the ice on the middle of a lake. Pretty badass huh? Winter still sucks though.
I saw "Grumpy Old Men" a snapshot of your future.

1390369233354.jpg

Hopefully this part.

They finally were able to reopen our back nine, Monday. The course had been closed since the 8.5 inches of snowfall we rec'd the Saturday before Christmas. Played Monday and again today. Fairways and greens are like asphalt. It's fun to fly one into the green and see it bounce 10 FT in the air. Or, when you find you've just hit a 300 yard drive... with the last 200 being roll on frozen turf... you think you are Macho Man.
I'd been a little disappointed in my R1. Couldn't seem to turn it over. All it wanted to do was fade. Our course requires a draw on a few of the holes and a fade will get you into trouble. So, as cabin fever prevailed, I tweaked the R1 some. Added about 4 grams of lead to the heel. Upped the loft. Changed the face angle setting on the bottom. Also read some articles on why I can draw/hook/hit it far enough left that skunks can't dig it out with everything but the driver. So, made some minor adjustments in ball height and placement. These two rounds have me reservedly optimistic. After starting out with a horrendous hook the first couple of holes, I'm hitting a baby draw. Will that draw transition to when one isn't wearing 18 layers of clothes, gloves on both hands, and with your manhood completely shriveled up in the cold? We'll see.
Also wanted to begin working with the new wedges. They will take some getting used to. Have used the same wedges for about six straight seasons. A complete change in looks, design, and feel is pretty radical. Again, so far I'm not ready to toss the new wedges towards the dumpster. They feel good. I'm getting used to the looks. Distance seems longer than my old wedges. Again, I'm just judging on where the ball lands, since the frozen ground makes it impossible to know what they will do when the course thaws out.
I told the pro, this morning, to put all the young flat-bellies on notice that I would be coming after them in the Member's Tourney this year. Graybeards rock!!!!!

Shot an 86 today, not great but avg for me. Sun was shining, 32 putts. Not bad for the first round of the year. :)

It wasn't by any means today, but I spent last week in Orange Lake Florida. I went through work to attend the Golf Industry Show in Orlando. While down in the sunny south I had the opportunity to play an Arnold Palmer designed par three. As a Canadian I take full advantage of any opportunity to play golf in February. It was a beautiful day and the course was in decent shape. I didn't play super well but can't complain when I really think about it. I was playing golf, last night I came home to a couple feet of snow... Sigh!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520