• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

4 iron, 8 iron, wedge would do. You don't really want to hit driver there if you're trying to put a decent score together. There are plenty of other birdie opportunities.

I would still try....because there's that chance I catch one really well, and then I can brag to my buddies that I carried one 260 over water...

Totally worth the snowman or worse

I would still try....because there's that chance I catch one really well, and then I can brag to my buddies that I carried one 260 over water...

Totally worth the snowman or worse
My buddy has eagled it with a driver and a wedge. He has also shot in the 60's on that course. He was 6 under before making bogies and the last 2 holes late last year. He plays a different game than I do most of the time. My best there is a 76.

My buddy has eagled it with a driver and a wedge. He has also shot in the 60's on that course. He was 6 under before making bogies and the last 2 holes late last year. He plays a different game than I do most of the time. My best there is a 76.

Yeah, well, I can shoot 76 on a good nine.

Sh.....t I have to hit driver to make it over the water. 4 iron? hahahaha. Well, I checked the extended forcast for down there......last two weeks of March are supposed to be in the 60's with a couple of days in the 70's. Bermuda grass will probably be dormant yet, but you get used to it.

Last edited:
It seems the last two times WBL and I played it, the wind was coming at us, and it was under 50°, so the ball wasn't flying real good either. It was a bitch......I didn't even make it the first time with a driver. (Of course that was before I got this G25...lol). I still like the hole though. My favorite I think is the Par 3 by the water teeing off the big hill. I put it a foot from the pin one time. Maybe that hole is on Kentucky Dam Lake course. It's been a couple of years since we were there.

It seems the last two times WBL and I played it, the wind was coming at us, and it was under 50°, so the ball wasn't flying real good either. It was a bitch......I didn't even make it the first time with a driver. (Of course that was before I got this G25...lol). I still like the hole though.

Wind in the face and 260 to carry? Smooth 3w my geriatric friend.

:p

I could do it when I was a young whippersnapper, like you guys. The expanded midsection doesn't help either. I don't play from the tips, but I still won't play the "senior" tees. I have my pride...........lol. One of my pet peeves is watching these complete "hacks" trying to play off the tips, because it's the "manly" thing to do.

I could do it when I was a young whippersnapper, like you guys. The expanded midsection doesn't help either. I don't play from the tips, but I still won't play the "senior" tees. I have my pride...........lol. One of my pet peeves is watching these complete "hacks" trying to play off the tips, because it's the "manly" thing to do.
Ok... I won't play the tips anymore. Your such a buzz kill.

The Kentucky State Parks golf trail is really a great deal. Prime time on a Sunday at Mineral Mound is maybe $40. Replays are $10. For the money, you can't beat that.

I'm dying to play Dale Hollow. I may try to get down there this summer.
Dale Hollow - 18-Hole Courses - Golf - Kentucky State Parks
I don't hit the ball far enough to play the tips, in fact we usually play the whites. Sometimes we'll play the blues but 99% of the time its the whites.

I didn't play golf today, but I did shoot the bird at one of eclark's posts. That counts, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520