• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Back from the short golf trip. Played 3 nine-hole courses and 1 eighteen- hole course in three days. All the other four were relatives of my wife. Sheesh! Like herding cats. Not much chance of concentrating on your game when you have the other players digging furrows in tee boxes with their drivers, toeing irons into adjacent fairways, blading chips into oblivion, insisting on putting out when they've already four-jacked. All four imbibe. Beer, some mixed with whiskey, would begin flowing pretty early in the round. Honestly, it was the most painful 3 days I've spent on golf course in a long, long time. But, the getting together with wife's family is always a great..................

I did continue falling in love with the Srixon irons. Still having some cross words with the TE driver. Putter??? Think I'm going to try putting with the driver.

Played a fabulous track down in Plymouth called Crosswinds, they have three nines there, I played the Zaharias and Jones 9’s. Course was in immaculate shape, and I shot a very scrappy 77 with a lot of up and downs. Some of the faster greens I’ve ever played at a public course, rolling at about a 10 by my guess.
The hole in the first picture I hit the green nearly pin high with my wedge and spun it off the front and it ran down 20 yards off the green, made a nasty bogey. The last picture was one of only 2 birdies that I had, both par 5’s.
5B686E9D-AE9B-4B19-9BE8-6216E7E909FF.jpeg
06BE8945-FF4E-48AD-994C-1DAE8D356CBC.jpeg

Attachments

• 99176A28-B982-4A41-8221-1158F1E7A88D.jpeg
    99176A28-B982-4A41-8221-1158F1E7A88D.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 54
+4 for a 38 today with my work league. Pretty sloppy with my second shots on pretty much every hole, that’s what I get for not being able to make it to Monday night league for over a month

24 hours... same clubs... same balls... same person. How do you go from 35/38 to 43/40???? 10 strokes difference!!!! Talk about frustrating......

Yesterday was a bust. Too much mental garbage whirling around in this head. Better today!!! 4 birds again. Too many bogeys, though. Still, will take a 77 any day of the week!!!

A couple takeaways over the past few weeks.
1. Took a while to hone the TE Exotics driver. Once tuned, it is long and pretty dependable.
2. Been a long time since seeing a set of irons with the bite of these Srixons. I'm not sure the 1985 Eye 2's have this much bite. Total difference in iron play/chipping. Better just aim for the flag because the ball ain't movin' from where it hits the green. And, know you will have a deep ball mark to fix when you access the green.

Shot a smooth 36 (E) last night, but it was a wild ride, 4 birdies a double, 3 bogeys, including a chip in on 1 after going OB with my 2nd shot. By far the craziest 9 holes I’ve ever played.

I played 10 holes last night with a minimalistic set-up, a pencil bag with a set of very old TM R7s (3-PW), a beaten-up SW and a Cleveland HB putter from the stable. +3 after 3 and finished +3. As you have seen at St Andrew's the ball is running miles on links fairways right now so no need for a driver. 3 iron tee shots were scooting about 220 yards. I was probably 1/2 to 1 club shorter than my current gamers, but they felt sweet when you got the sweet spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520