• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What driver should a guy buy??

I'll defend Andy and his choice with the 7 wood. I played one last season and liked it alot.

However, something happened, and I started hitting my 3 iron again. Go figure.

R35

Rockford35 said:
I'll defend Andy and his choice with the 7 wood. I played one last season and liked it alot.

... and thank you for making my point. :D

VtDivot said:
you should offload it, or start wearing a skirt when you play.

:biglol:

I have a 7 wood do I have to wear a skirt when I play? Not out of the question I guess.:D

nah - you guys are fine. I just like giving old Andy Nicklaus a hard time :D

Any King Cobra is sweet... but I don't know how they are priced....

VT

the 983 has been designed top heavy,its aimed at players who want to feel the club head,which helps if you shape your shots.Thats why its a great club and a genuine alternative to the big heads that weigh nothing.This means you can't feel a thing,you have no choice but to just bomb it high and hope for the best.The 983 is for a completely different player.On my course I use a driver 6 times,and 5 of those shots need to be shaped,and one needs to stay low,hence why I use a 983.

dave. said:
VT

the 983 has been designed top heavy,its aimed at players who want to feel the club head,which helps if you shape your shots.Thats why its a great club and a genuine alternative to the big heads that weigh nothing.This means you can't feel a thing,you have no choice but to just bomb it high and hope for the best.The 983 is for a completely different player.On my course I use a driver 6 times,and 5 of those shots need to be shaped,and one needs to stay low,hence why I use a 983.

I totally agree. I've hit it, great club - just not for me. I'd play it before Cally and Ping tho ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520

3. 15,300