• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What happened to the Lawnmower?

Yesterday, my wife and I agreed to go to Home Depot and use our HD card to buy the Honda I've been Jonesing over for the last 72 hours

So, tonight we went there....

So far, everything is going as planned...and then a series of events occurred, that I never saw coming.

1) While I am looking at mower, wife spots patio furniture she likes
2) I tell her we already have a nice set and two sets would be stupid because our poolside area isn't big enough.
3) Wife said she agreed, but the deck the patio furniture was on was nice also.
4) Wife decides if we tear out existing 8 x 6 small patio and build a 14 x 22 foot two tiered deck, we'd have plenty of room.
5) I point out that we NEED a mower...she points out that with a wooden deck, theres less lawn to mow, less of a need for a new mower...can get the old one fixed.

Patio deck material arrives on Friday...tonite I'm gonna read up on how to do it.

Yeah, I know what ya guys are thinking...but ya can't have her...she's mine
apartyoffore.com_images_smilies_icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh man that's funny. You want a buy a lawn mower and end up spending enough to hire someone to mow your yard for the next 10 years. :biglol:

Good thing my wife doesn't know about this place. :eek:

lol, right, but putting together an entertainment center/tv/home theater is way different than sweating in the hot sun while installing a deck...

I stand by my statement of not taking a woman to buy power tools. Drug her if you must. :D
... all a matter of knowing how to spin it. :laugh:

edit 1 - let's see, "Well since I don't have a new mower, I could put in a putting green/short game practice facility next to the deck so I don't have to worry about the yard at all. Might also need a hot tub for all the muscle soreness from doing the deck." :)

probably need to get the hot tub first, as you would need to build the deck around the tub ;)

edit 2 - and you really will need a Refrigerator, or maybe a kegorator out by the tub, do your really want to track water into the kitchen.

Now that I think about it, that might be a lot of work. After getting the tub, the kegorating and practice facility, you could pay someone to do the deck and watch them from the hot tub. After all, you really didn't want a deck anyways, just a lawnmower.

:prop:

Rory, I think we're married to the same woman.

A couple of months ago I decided that we need a deck replaced in the back. Called a deck guy out and we were discussing styles, curves, etc. and the wife started talking/asking about a new front yard and landscaping. The deck guy said that he didn't really do that stuff, but he had a friend....

To cut to the chase, I came home from work about a week later and found an army of Mexicans ripping the whole front yard apart, making frames for stamped concrete and a big pile of rock for all the stonework "we" needed.

My deck money was gone in a heartbeat, still have the old deck out back, but have a beautifully landscaped front yard.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520