• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What tee boxes does everyone play?

If it's reds, whites, blues I'll play blues as most courses are pretty short around here and drivers from the whites are just stupid plays. If there are blacks, I'll still choose between blue and whites. From what I've seen most of the blacks only play 5-10yds. longer, except for those 1 or 2 ridiculous 600+ yd. par 5's. I wouldn't play them unless my group was. I hate walking back to a different tee than everyone else. Make's me look like a jackass and I'd think the same of anyone else doing so.

Pros, tips, black, or whatever is the furthest thing back. I actually played a course where they wanted to see my handicap before I played from the pro tees. they wanted you too have a 2 handicap, pretty cool none the less since it prevents slow play from people wanting the most out of there money. I dont know why since it costs more in lost balls.

IMO if you have the game and the length, go back some. I don't score that great at the muni up the road from either blues or whites. I like to play blues because the par 3's are 1 to 2 clubs longer. The 4's and 5's are only like 5-10yds. longer so not a big difference on 250yd. 3woods and 270yd. drives. The majority of courses I play only have whites and reds, trying to just stretch out enough land for a course.

forgot to mention that if I play as a single then I just play from wherever the group is playing from unless it is some seniors.

I play the whites (or the 2's) since I'm old and can pad my ego all I want. You young guys MUST play the long ones or us old guys will laugh at you for being such wimps. However, now that I'm able to hit one 300 once and awhile I might consider the blue (or the 1's) on some shorter course here. (Nah!!):D

I usually try to choose the tees that will give me the most enjoyable experience. It's no fun to play a course from the back tees if that means that I spend most of the round trying to get out of trouble. By the same token, I do want a challenge, especially on a course that I'm familiar with. That said, I will usually play the "normal" men's tees. On some courses they are the 2nd box from the back, but I've even seen courses where they are the middle (or 3rd) set of a 5 tee layout (where the 2nd set is the normal "back" tee and the 1st set is only for macho fools who are mostly deluding themselves :confused: ). If I'm playing a course that I'm not familiar with, I'll lean toward an easier tee box, at least for the first time around (especially if I'm not playing with anybody who knows the course). One thing that is especially galling is to get stuck behind a group that is playing from tees where they have no business being. Watching guys in front of me taking a double or worse an almost every hole just because their egos won't let them admit that they haven't got the game for the back tees.... I find that unfathomable. I even asked a guy once why he was playing from the tips... he hadn't hit a drive more than 150 yards all day. He just said it was because those were the "MEN'S" tees. :confused:

At my age, golf tends to be more of a social activity than a sport or competition. Not that I don't still enjoy competing, but I no longer feel the need to push the limits. As a result, I will only rarely play from the tips these days, because I'm out there for fun and relaxation, not for torture and frustration.

2 or 3. Sometimes a hybrid; if a hole is particularly obnoxious from the player's tee [par 3 (220+) or 4 (450+)], I'll play one tee forward (men/member's) on those.

I play from the back tees since thats what you have to play in High school tournaments. Sometimes i'll play the whites or whatever if i feel like hitting driver/ wedge.

I enjoy the game most at around 6400 yards, since I can generally use most of my clubs at that yardage. I usually play at around 6000 yards, since that's what my usual group does. This works out to white tees usually, and blue tees when I'm by myself, or with another group that plays from the blues.

I only play from the back tees when I have to, like in a tournament. Otherwise, it's generally an exercise in frustration.

I enjoy the game most at around 6400 yards, since I can generally use most of my clubs at that yardage.

Well put. I play at the cheap 6100yd. course and a lot of holes are driver/wedge (some wedge/wedge if I so choose)
icon10.gif
. I like to hit my mid irons and with a 170yd. 7iron that means either playing back or hitting 6i/7i. I also hate a bunch of wedge length par 3's. I like the challenge of flushing a full 5i into 210 a lot better. When I'm on, I'm on, off, I'm off, 300 overall yds. isn't going to make much difference in score or pace.

my golf courses are either Red, White, Blue or Red, Gold, White, Blue AND the occasional red, gold, white, blue, black! Always play from the blue now on aslong as its between 6700-7000. Shot 89 today on a 6900.

I play blues, which is either the farthest or second farthest back, depending on the course.

R35

I play tips or one back from the tips. It doesn't make a big difference to me, it's only 2 clubs max every hole, so what's the big difference between PW and 8 iron?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520