• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to do?

The reason why we don't have a lot of Acuras around here (Southern VT) is lack of vehicles with AWD. The cars that are the most prevalent are Subies (AWD) Volvo XC (AWD) Audi (AWD). I realize that honda/acura make a great product (Mrs. 20PAT's drove a 95 Accord wagon for 225K then an Element until it managed to find a tree) but the others are known for their AWD and safety. I would look at an Acura SUV but price wise they are a bit steep. You can find a reasonably priced Volvo or Audi in these areas much easier than a comparably equipped Acura.
my .02...

What?
Every Acura except the TSX either comes SH-AWD or has it available.
Super handling all wheel drive is the most advanced system anywhere.
Volvo, Audi, BMW etc have nothing comparible.

Pricewise, tha Acura will beat any comparable vehicle by at least $6000.

I'm not making that up. It's easy to confirm.

5 year cost of ownership on 2010 BMW X5 = $57029
5 year cost of ownership on 2010 Acura MDX = $53988

My point is that it is difficult to find (in this area) a reasonably priced preowned AWD Acura. I don't think I will ever buy a new car anyway. I'm poor..
What?
Every Acura except the TSX either comes SH-AWD or has it available.
Super handling all wheel drive is the most advanced system anywhere.
Volvo, Audi, BMW etc have nothing comparible.

Pricewise, tha Acura will beat any comparable vehicle by at least $6000.

I'm not making that up. It's easy to confirm.

when comparing cost of ownership you need to make sure your comparably equipped.

Heated seats, leather, memory seating, sunroof, paddle shifters.....all cost extra on a BMW.
What's reasonably priced? If you can get a 3 year old MDX for 1/3 of what it cost new, isn't that reasonable?

I do sell toyotas now. I still feel the need to correct incorrect information. :D

Used 2008 Acura MDX Tech Pkg For Sale | South Burlington VT
what did this go for new??
$90,000? Maybe thats why no one is buying them
Sheesh. The point is that it is much easier to find inexpensive Volvo, Audi, or Subies in THIS area...

when comparing cost of ownership you need to make sure your comparably equipped.

Heated seats, leather, memory seating, sunroof, paddle shifters.....all cost extra on a BMW.
What's reasonably priced? If you can get a 3 year old MDX for 1/3 of what it cost new, isn't that reasonable?

I do sell toyotas now. I still feel the need to correct incorrect information. :D

That's your point now.
Originally it was because Acura didn't have AWD.
Subaru isn't a luxury line. The rest may cost less because they cost a fortune to maintain. :p

When my wife and I went to look for cars to replace her Element we did not see a lot of AWD Acuras in our price range, I'm sure that if we wanted one bad enough I suppose we could have found one though. My best friends wife has an RDX and I couldn't justify the difference in price between the RDX and a CRV. Yes, the RDX was "nicer", but the jump in price was significant.
I think (again my opinion) the reason why Acura is not as "successful" is because in the past the vehicles were too similar to the Hondas. Whereas with Lexus the product is much more polished and "refined".
Either way good luck with your new position, and I hope that you have great success...

2010 Volvo XC90 Cost Of Ownership - Kelley Blue Book

2010 Acura MDX Cost Of Ownership - Kelley Blue Book

2010 BMW X5 Cost Of Ownership - Kelley Blue Book

2010 Lexus RX Cost Of Ownership - Kelley Blue Book

Oh yeah, I would have played golf...

Acura's may very well be great vehicles, but the perception is out there that they are nothing but fancied up Honda's. Acura may claim their competition is Mercedes, BMW, etc but I have yet to know a single owner of those brands that even considered an Acura, and yes I know a handful of folks personally that do own those brands.

Acura's may very well be great vehicles, but the perception is out there that they are nothing but fancied up Honda's. Acura may claim their competition is Mercedes, BMW, etc but I have yet to know a single owner of those brands that even considered an Acura, and yes I know a handful of folks personally that do own those brands.

I guess this is the point I am getting at - most people here prefer Audi, BMW and Mercedes over Acura. Maybe that's why I didn't even recognize it as a luxury brand

I guess this is the point I am getting at - most people here prefer Audi, BMW and Mercedes over Acura. Maybe that's why I didn't even recognize it as a luxury brand

Buying a Titleist driver gives a scent of "player" or knowing the game. There is a whole cult behind that specific brand. Same as Scotty Cameron putters. Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, Audi, have that feeling of "elegance" behind them. Seriously, they don't offer anything more than an Acura, Lexus or high end Toyota, but the fact there is tradition.

People feel weird about paying $50 grand for an Acura rather than a MErcedes as they feel weird for paying $300 for a Japanese brand putter instead of a SC.

Same difference....

In my opinion, even though I know Acura make awesome cars, I have the same feeling as Wi-Golfer having them as "Fancy-Hondas", and I will never buy one, ever, over a Benz....

I think that's probably true everywhere. That's a problem. Especially when the acura is provably superior to every vehicle in it's class AND it costs less!

Before I left I did hear from several Audi owners complaining about the maintanence costs associated with their 5 year old vehicles.

btw....saying its just a fancy honda is the same as saying porsche is a fancy volkswagen.

I left because not enough people are in the luxury market for me to make a living. I just got home from my first day at the Toyota store and the difference is night and day. Huge, brand new facility and something like 21 vehicles in the line (including Scion).....something for everyone. Plus there are plenty of ups! :)

Buying a Titleist driver gives a scent of "player" or knowing the game. There is a whole cult behind that specific brand. Same as Scotty Cameron putters. Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, Audi, have that feeling of "elegance" behind them. Seriously, they don't offer anything more than an Acura, Lexus or high end Toyota, but the fact there is tradition.

People feel weird about paying $50 grand for an Acura rather than a MErcedes as they feel weird for paying $300 for a Japanese brand putter instead of a SC.

Same difference....

In my opinion, even though I know Acura make awesome cars, I have the same feeling as Wi-Golfer having them as "Fancy-Hondas", and I will never buy one, ever, over a Benz....

ya - this makes sense

Well I have one LOL.

Minivan will be replacing it next fall.

NNOOOOOOOOoooooo.....

One of the best days of our marriage was the day we traded the Windstar on the RX300. Minivans do have their place, but I hated ours every day we owned it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520