• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats better than a day off work ?

Tenn-Driver

Reaction score
A day off work playing golf... :laugh:

Well since my last game was horrible, I decided to start from scratch, slowing my swing and trying to follow through.

1st, I wish to thank who ever it was that suggested the "I" find what works for me @ 150yds. 6i/7i was where it was at and adding or subtracting clubs as needed. It worked great.

I didn't lose any balls, I didn't slice and my new hybrid... I like it :laugh:
That thing hits like a dream. I suspect that I won't be using my woods much now.

Granted I shot a 101, my best score on this course... but I would have broken a 100 had I not gotten a 6 on 2 of the par 3's .
I have to work on my chipping ... LOL

I have to admit that I am a perfectionist, so much so that I tend to over analyze what I'm doing and try to correct it. Today, I found myself not analyzing, but rather just playing the game with better confidence with some of the knowledge I acquired here...

At the rate I'm going... I should break 100 easily by summer... Thank Guys,

thats great, just keep working at it, and you will be going low real soon :D

What a great way to spend a mid-week work day! (for the record, I went off at quarter to 8 this morning :D )

You're absolutely right about the chipping, that will not only get you into double digits but keep you there.

I'm on my way out but just wanted add something quick. The tip that changed my chipping and eventually brought it up to the strongest aspect of my game was to "hinge and hold" Let the hands lead the clubhead and don't break your wrists. Also it's always better to "roll it to the hole" Don't try to fly it in the air any more than you have to.

Good round and good luck. Drive safe. :)

When I got to the position you're in with scores, one thing gave me an instant breakthrough - course management.

Put aside one round coming up to play a genuine 'managed' round, where you barely hit driver, work your shots out backwards from the hole, try to only leave yourself full shots onto the green and take time to read putts properly and hit them clean. It'll take a lot of concentration, so I found it best to get my mind onto it before I set off and make myself determined that this was a 'score' round not a 'fun' round.

If you can keep disciplined for the whole round I guarantee you'll break 100 as you have the ability to score lower than that and will do if you knock 2 or 3 'idiot' decisions off your round. For me, I was hitting rounds between 100 to 105 every time, but when I tried this approach I instantly hit a 96 - mainly because I cut down the wild drives into trouble, several half wedge shots, and putted better than ever.

Get the burden of breaking 100 off your back and you'll be amazed how it'll never seem such a big deal again!

A day off work playing golf... :laugh:

Well since my last game was horrible, I decided to start from scratch, slowing my swing and trying to follow through.

1st, I wish to thank who ever it was that suggested the "I" find what works for me @ 150yds. 6i/7i was where it was at and adding or subtracting clubs as needed. It worked great.

I didn't lose any balls, I didn't slice and my new hybrid... I like it :laugh:
That thing hits like a dream. I suspect that I won't be using my woods much now.

Granted I shot a 101, my best score on this course... but I would have broken a 100 had I not gotten a 6 on 2 of the par 3's .
I have to work on my chipping ... LOL

I have to admit that I am a perfectionist, so much so that I tend to over analyze what I'm doing and try to correct it. Today, I found myself not analyzing, but rather just playing the game with better confidence with some of the knowledge I acquired here...

At the rate I'm going... I should break 100 easily by summer... Thank Guys,

Congrats on the best personal round at the course.:)

I have used that 150 yard tip on some of the folks I golf with when they are having trouble with club selection. It really changes their outlook on the game when it comes to club selection and normally helps them improve their game. I picked it up while caddying when I was a kid. Once I figured out the players 150 yard club, I could provide a club recommendation, if asked, as I was good at estimating the distances from the 150 yard markers to their ball position if a spinkler head was not near by.

I am glad that it has helped your game, keep up the good work and have fun with it.:)

Last Tuesday was a beautiful day, warm, nice, and perfect for golf. I was so very tempted to go and ditch school, but alas, I did not.

whats better then a dayoff work?

when i first started with this company about 2 months in they layed me off on a monday and said the would still pay me my 40hr week.so tuesday i got payed to play golf and when i got home they called me back to work.

so i basically got 8 hrs. pay for 4 hrs of golfing.

now thats better then a day off.

Monday was beautiful here. Me and a buddy played 18 and had a blast!

I beat him by 9 strokes (we're usually a stroke or 2 off max), so I think I might have had more fun than him. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520