• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's in Zach's (Golf) Bag?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Reaction score
This is mostly what you see in my signature now:

Driver - 8* Wishon 919 THI w/ Tourswing Okato (thanks Rory!). I like this driver so much that I have a backup 8* on a House of Forged Patriot. I was VERY close to buying a 9* one last night too, in case these two broke. I have no problem elevating tee shots with it. Can't imagine why I'd even look at another driver. Big 4DX headcover because I hate the Wishon headcover that came with it. No sock to protect the graphite when it is bouncing around in the bag.

3W - Nickent 4DX w/ Accuflex Evolution. I don't use 3W much, but I really do hit the snot out of this when I need to. I think it looks really cool. This is also what lies within the Popeye headcover. Hit it well, hit it far, what more is there?

18.5* w/ VS Proto hybrid 80, 23* w/ FST Pro 115 Nickent 4DX. These are the reason I bought the 3W. I LOVE these clubs. I play them at appropriate iron lengths, which are actually shorter than standard for me. I can hit the 18.5 so far that I really have to be careful hitting it. The 23 is a perfect just-over-200 club for me. Notice that sweet ferrule creep >:{

MP-58 w/ KBS Tour. The most beautiful clubs I've ever seen. I know that beauty is subjective. Fine. Don't buy a set, so I can buy ten sets and never have to play another club. Exceptional feel, loads of fun to bend right to left. I HATE hitting fades with irons. Also, these are ALWAYS covered.

Now wedges -- Taylormade ZTP w/ Project X 6.5. I've loved these for a long time. I tend to hit a high ball so I've never needed extra spin. The PX6.5 is a rigid, horrible shaft that lets me unload into these wedges as hard as I want. I am falling out of love with how they frame the ball though, compared to...

Soon wedges -- Nike VR Pro / VR Pro DS w/ S400. Holy frig. These things are EXCELLENT. As soon as I picked one up off of the shelf and sat it down on the ground, I said, "Yep. These." They just frame the ball exactly the way I want a wedge to. The grind makes it appear as if the leading edge is flat on the ground. That's what I want to see. I've practiced with them a bit and they just work for me. Perfect around the greens and a smooth transition in full swings.

Putter -- Odyssey 2-Ball SRT. I don't know if I'll ever use another putter. There's just no sense in it. I have a winn pistol jumbo on here that I lock down into my left palm, and it works. It feels so soft on contact too, which I really like. I don't care for the more clicky feel of metal putters. I'll take my insert.
CIMG0472.JPG
CIMG0474.JPG
CIMG0476.JPG
CIMG0478.JPG

Good god those irons are pretty. If I had those I wouldn't play them. On the wall over the fireplace for sure lol

Interesting that you play an 8* driver. I've had people question why I use such a low loft (8.5) but I have no trouble getting it up there.

Nice looking bag! I like the look of those NIke wedges too!

Good god those irons are pretty. If I had those I wouldn't play them. On the wall over the fireplace for sure

But they're "just tools," remember? :)

Thanks, boys. You can't always play well, but you can always look great!

But there are guys (like me) who play like crap and look every part of it.

But they're "just tools," remember? :)

Thanks, boys. You can't always play well, but you can always look great!

Ha. but my clubs don't look like that! They look like beat up tools, not art...

I like reading about someone who finds the right 'tools' & sticks with them. Btw, those Nike wedges look purdy.

Nice looking sticks! Those irons look sweet...almost as good as my AP2's, lol. No but seriously, you have a great looking set.

thats a really nice set.

That's not really his bag. He stole all those pics from WRX. :)

Some sort of deranged way to compliment the quality of my bag and pictures? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520