• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

whats the best "low spin" golf balls?...

golf doctor

Reaction score
Im an experienced golfer and own my own golf customizing and club building business and recently had my swing gone over with a pga professional, and I was told that I should not use tour action balls and to stay with low spin balls due to my extreme high spin off the tee and with fairway woods and long irons. Does anybody out there know which brands are best for that? Maybe a harder ball rather then a pro-v like ball??

What did your pga professional recommend?

He didn't give me any specific brands or models, just said to stay away from balls that have tour in the name or have soft covers.

He didn't give me any specific brands or models, just said to stay away from balls that have tour in the name or have soft covers.

Is he also your barber?

Doesn't seem like good advice to me

Pro V1x's are low spin with the driver...or at least that's what I thought.

Top Flight D2 distance. Honestly not a bad ball for what you're looking for.

Is he also your barber?

Doesn't seem like good advice to me

x2.

I would suggest using some online fitting tools and see what's recommended by each manufacturer. I bet that's a better start than asking your "offline fitting tool".

R35

That seems like humorous advice from a PGA professional. Buy a different game? I would not sacrifice greenside feel and control just to hit it a little farther. I would think a PGA pro could work on your ball position or angle of attack to make a spin adjustment.

Who knows, though...

My point is the pros spin the ball more than you off the driver and they use other options to bring the spin down, and there are some "tour" balls that are also lower in spin, so there's no need to eliminate them all.

It might be just me but there's something fishy about the OP. It doesn't add up.

Every major manufacturer will have an option. Instead of Pro-V's, try the NXT. Instead of Srixon Z-Star, try the AD-333, etc for other ball manufacturers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520