• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats the greatest shot you have ever hit?

That's a tough one, I'd have to say a drive on a short par 4 that left me about a 5 footer for eagle.........that I missed lol. No holes in one yet.

I've only been playing for like 4 weeks, but I'd have to say it's a a 20 foot putt I made on a green. It was for bogey cuz I suck, but it's nice to me!

I've only been playing for like 4 weeks, but I'd have to say it's a a 20 foot putt I made on a green. It was for bogey cuz I suck, but it's nice to me!

Hey a twenty footers nice to tiger woods! so your well on your way :)

I was playing in a inter-club match for my country club. I was probably the worst player on the team in my age bracket and thus I was playing in the last group of the day. For some reason we always seemed to put the better players off first (I think it was pace of play). Anyways I was coming into the 18th Hole a monster par 4 that was about 3inches short of being a legitimate par 5. I was one up on my opponent, and if I finished 2 up my club would win for the like 20th straight year. I hit my drive in the center of the fairway, and the piece-de-resistance I hit a 5 wood to about two feet. My opponent upon seeing the shot and seeing his in the greenside bunker ceeded the hole, and with that my club won. It was a great feeling because it wasn't just my win that day.

My best and most memorable shot was my hole in one. Pitching Wedge, 152yd par 3, uphill (just enough so I couldn't see the surface) over some kind of marshy ravine with cattails growing up out of it. The green had a decent slope right to left.

Now, I'm not very good, and I'm always just hoping to be on the green, but I always at least aim where I should. This time I just happened to hit it where I wanted to and the distance felt good.

When I got to the green there were two balls on so I grabbed my putter and walked up only to find they belonged to other members of my foursome. Instinctively, I began to search the perimeter off the green (like so many times before, LOL)

It was actually the guy who went to tend the pin for the fourth guy who told me the news. Not really the way I envisioned it happening but what can you say. I was just happy to have witnesses. I doubt anyone would have believed my story being a 23 handicap.

Coolest shot I've ever witnessed:

I was playing a Friday practice round with buddies before a Saturday scramble. We'd been drinking the whole round the way old college buddies who get together once a year do so we were all pretty oiled by the time we hit 17th tee. The 17th on this course is a 363 yd, dog leg left, par four with a lake right between the tee box and the green. There are no obstructions, and going over the lake obviously shortens the hole, so many people go for it, and some even make it.

So, my buddy takes his beer to the tee with him, as he always does, lines it up and rips a laser. He makes contact with the ball, watches it for a split second and, with no expression, looks at all of us and says "we're home," as he reaches down to pick up his beer. We all watch as that ball just pummels the front edge of the mounded green and rolls up to about 12'.

I don't even remember if he made the putt, it's just "we're home" that sticks in my mind. We were golfing with James Dean that day because there aren't enough O's in smooth to describe that tee shot.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54