• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats the greatest shot you have ever hit?

Drove a par 4 green to 2ft, but the pitchmark was about an inch away.

or

215 from a fairway bunker with a high lip, to 2ft and water to the left

wow footballking732 i dont think i have ever heard of a 7 handi shooting 64 and nine in 31. you either seriously careered or something major happened to your swing. lol good rounds though

there are a lot of shots to pick from. but one that i will always remember my first hole out from about 160 yards for eagle. At last years club championship i was even coming into the fourth hole the second day and hit a perfect tee shot and had about a buck 80 to the green and hit a lil baby six and it hits the flag stick destroying the cup and bounces out to 12 ft and i sink the putt for birdie. but i have some many other shots to pick from just no hole in ones yet. came close again today 3 inches. so in the past two weeks that makes 5 shots stop within 5 inches from the cup

wow those are some good shots. mine is not my best but most memorable i holed out on seventeen from 130 yards for eagle and birdied eighteen. I ended up in a tie at the top! The eagle was what i needed

About 15 years ago, My Dad bought a friends used irons for me for Christmas. 1st time out with them we play a local course that has back to back par 3's. Number 9, 1st par 3, 3iron 190 3 hops into the hole. My first hole in one. Next hole, number 10, par 3 185 yards, same 3 iron. I couldn't see the hole but the ball was heading right for it. We drive to the green and find the ball 3 feet from the cup. Almost back to back holes in one. I was so excited I missed the putt.

Mine would probably have to be my holed 2nd shot on a Par 5 for an Albatros!!! Was from about 190 yards and witnessed by the group in front who had just teed off on the next hole. They were walking back to there bags when my ball landed and hopped into the hole....They looked around to see where the ball had been 'chipped' in from and saw me up the fairway tipping my cap in there direction with a big :D on my face.

Haven't hit it yet, I like to think my next shot will be my bestest of all time.

hit an Albatross in a tournament once..it was awsome

but i still think the hole in one takes the cake

One I remember well was a wedge off hardpan. Ball was right of the green, just in the woods enough to be under low hanging limbs that were in the way of my swing from a tree that was in the way of my stance. I played it off my back foot and chopped down on it hard. Ball never got more than 3 feet off the ground and came out fast. First hop was almost twice that height, and when the ball landed the 2nd time it never moved. It was 6 inches from the cup. How in the heck I got that much spin on it I'll never know.

either driving the green on a par three that was encroaching on par 4 territory or my 6 iron shot that went 180 yards dead straight in the fairway. (25 more that I normally hit that club)

Driving the green on a 420y par 4. No really! The course I worked at as a teenager had a great par 4. It was a 90* dogleg right around a lake. From the tee, the fairway went uphill to a crest at about 250 and then steeply downhill to the shore, and was separated from the lake by mature trees. The safe, smart play was just to drive to the crest of the hill, leaving a short iron that was two or three clubs downhill over of the corner of the lake, to a 50y wide, but shallow, green. If you drove too far, you wound up with a wicked downhill lie and a really tough shot. Great golf hole, like I said. The back tee is right at the top of the "cliff" overlooking the lake, and there's a gap in the trees so you can see the green. It looks to be 10 miles away, but the carry is about 280 (downhill). Unfortunately, the 5 yards of ground between the green and the water was always so soft, you stood a good chance of plugging there and never finding the ball anyway.

No one with any sense attempts to take the shortcut across the water, because even if you did carry it, the green was shallow, and you'd wind up off the back, chipping back downhill toward the water, which was unpleasant. Some of us who worked there would occasionally take a bag of found balls down there and pump them into the lake, trying to pull it off without success.

The only time I ever tried it during play, was a round with my Dad shortly before I left for college. I had that whole college-kid-I-can-do-anything attitude going on, and of course didn't listen to him when he said I was crazy for trying it... but I crushed one just right of the flag. I can still see it flying... seemed like it took 2 minutes to get to the green, and I was using body English to try and help it. It hit something in the buffer between the green and the water, probably a log or a rock, and bounced straight up and on the green. Stopped about 8' away, and left an uphill putt! I made the eagle.

Never tried that shot again.

or here is another good one, a par five at my local course has a really bad rough to the left side- fll of trees every where. well, what do three righty golfers do? not slice it off to the right, but hook it right into the tree. All three of us. And then all three balls hit the tree(s) and somehow end up dead center in the fairway 200 yards past the tee box.

hit an Albatross in a tournament once..it was awsome

but i still think the hole in one takes the cake

Albatross's are rarer than the Ace ;)

Well done on being a member of both Clubs like myself :)

New response after yesterday's round.

Monster drive to 30 yards...chip in for eagle. Won me 60 cents - cash money!:beach3:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520