• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what's your backhand policy?

But the casual miss that isn't counted? Cheating.

Isn't that a bit severe? If you play a pickup game of basketball, do you play exactly by the rules? With fouls and foul shots and jump balls, etc....

If nothing is at stake, if it not just pickup golf? I really could care less what anybody shoots if we are just playing for the sake of enjoying the game.

I realize that golf has a "higher standard" that is rarely observed these days and expect people to follow the rules if something is at stake.

Personally, I putt out everything. even a 2 foot gimmie is putted. Mind you, I don't bother lining up those 2-3 footers, as that wastes a lot of time. But I like to putt it all out. Just something about hearing it fall into the cup. lol

I think the reason people miss a lot of 2-3 footers in the first place, is because nobody bothers to practice those. When is the last time that you spent an hour practicing 3 foot putts? Exactly.

So if you don't spend time on the practice range putting 3-5 footers and also don't hole out everything in a round, is it any wonder why in a round or pressure situation you end up missing those?

Practice those 3-5 footers and hole out everything...thats what I say. (just don't spend excessive amounts of time lining up those 2 and 3 footers...cause I'll probably get impatient from the fairway and hit into your group! lol

-DVS

I like to putt everything out, as I play a fair number of tourneys. I have nightmares where I'm in a tourney and I pickup my 1 foot tap in instead of putting it out. :)

But I have played in casual rounds where 3 footers were given the "That's good" automatically. Whoa! I saw Jerry Pate absolutely yip a 2 footer yesterday that took him out of the playoff at the Boeing Championship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?