• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's your shaft of choice?

Yeah, both Golfworks and Golfsmith do not have the top Fuji's listed, just the cheap ones. No Bassara, Rombax, Z-Com or Speeders listed. Those shafts go for more than most OEM drivers. I just saw a Sonartec MD 21 with a Speeder 904GH, man I wish I had more $$. When I do have the $$, those clubs are never around.

Grafalloy Comp NT,Grafalloy Blue, Grafalloy ProLite 3.5, Fuji Speeder 757,Grafalloy ProLaunch,YS-6,YS-6+, UST V2 (65,75),Fuji Vista 70.
I'll hit pretty much anything that has low torque or high bend point.

Grafalloy Comp NT,Grafalloy Blue, Grafalloy ProLite 3.5, Fuji Speeder 757,Grafalloy ProLaunch,YS-6,YS-6+, UST V2 (65,75),Fuji Vista 70.
I'll hit pretty much anything that has low torque or high bend point.

How is the Vista Tour 70? I may have a pullout coming. I was thinking of putting it in a 200steel driver but I may drop it in my 3 or 4 wood.

I don't know where you'd buy a Fujikura shaft. Golfsmith and those don't sell them and Golf Galaxy (a dealer) doesn't list them. ????? Weird.

Golfsmith will sell you a Fuji Speeder 757, but they have to do the work, they will not sell you the shaft unless you qualify for elite status as a clubmaker (annual purchases in components over something like 3 to 4 grand.) They have several other Fuji shafts for sale, and I have used and like the Fuji Vista 70 in my 3-wood.

As far as shafts in general go, I have never been disapointed with a Grafalloy product ( I have personally have owned a Blue, ProLaunch, and Comp NT) or UST product (V2 and an SE branded ProForce.) Another shaft that I have rediscovered is the Penley Stealth. I have one in my 14* driver and have been killing the ball the last few times out. My only experience with Fuji is the Vista and that has been an outstanding shaft for the year that I have owned and played it.

I would have no problem reccomending any of the above shafts as long as they fit your swing profile. If you had to press me for only one shaft company, I would probably go with Grafalloy. They seem to have the best balance of value versus quality as well as a great selection of different shaft types for different swing profiles.

In my driver, I've played a V2 75 gram R flex for about a year & like it very much. The head feels really stable & solid all the way through. The head is a Hogan cs-3 & has a reputation of ballooning the ball. The higher kick point on the V2 makes a nice match for this head.

I also just picked up and installed a set of R flex .355 taper tip graf blues for my irons. When I installed them I soft stepped the shafts (#3 shaft in 4 iron, #4 shaft in 5 iron, etc.) to soften the shafts some, again a nice feel & solid shaft. Those shafts will be with me for a while.

As a bonus, the graf blues exactly match the color of a Miller Lite can.:)

I guess i am the black sheep of shot talk, because I personally love my NV85 stiff that I have in my R510 tp. These shafts are great. I am also putting an Acculflex VS339 in my Titleist 905R in a few weeks. Will report on how that works out.

R35,
Oh, I meant they don't list or sell Speeders.... sorry.

Interesting combo in the 905R Lyle. What's in it now?

I actually wanted something super stiff. I'm going to just lay into it, :D It won't be my main driver anyway, it serves a special purpose!

How is the Vista Tour 70? I may have a pullout coming. I was thinking of putting it in a 200steel driver but I may drop it in my 3 or 4 wood.

I think Manchester has one in his HiBore, but maybe I'm wrong.

R35

Royal Precision Flighted Rifle 5.5

Royal Precision Flighted Rifle 5.5 for the 13 clubs.

for One Wood, UST V2 or Proforce 75 Stiffs.

I may re-shaft mine to a UST V2 or to Rifle 5.5. My one wood's Adilla NV 75 Stiffs flys a tad high, but only time will tell.

GDI YS6+ in my HiBore 9.5

GDI Pershing 55 in my HiBore 15

GDI Pershing 65 in my Hibore 19

The ys6+ is awesome....perfect trajectory and feel.

Anyone know how a UST ProForce 65 compares to the ProForce V2 65? I just bought one. GS had them for $29. This is the shaft (similar) that Furyk plays. He has used the same shaft for five years. Doesn't want to change because he knows what it does. I figured, why not try it? Not sure what I'll put it in though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520