• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who is the chef in your house?

Mark it on your calendars, my wife cooked dinner last night. I had to take my son to basketball and the dog to the groomer (simultaneously) so she said she'd handle dinner.

It was a lovely spread! The fancy "rolls" complimented the all-beef hot dogs wonderfully. She also prepared an exquisite shells and cheese side dish that dazzled the palette, courtesy of the college life-sustaining chefs at Kraft. Not to be outdone by those culinary triumphs, the delectable helping of green beans that emerged from a tin can were just phenomenal.

Sigh....

Update: my wife made a side dish for Thanksgiving. Since she was making half as much as the recipe called for, she was cutting everything in half. Suddenly she asked me if half of 1/4 tsp = 1/2 tsp. I said half of 1/4 was 1/8. Too late… she had dumped 1/2 tsp of cayenne into the mix.

Update: my wife made a side dish for Thanksgiving. Since she was making half as much as the recipe called for, she was cutting everything in half. Suddenly she asked me if half of 1/4 tsp = 1/2 tsp. I said half of 1/4 was 1/8. Too late… she had dumped 1/2 tsp of cayenne into the mix.
Spicy, did it turn out???

What is it with women and fractions?

My wife asks me every time she's cutting or doubling a recipe how to add/subtract fractions...good lord woman didn't you pay attention in third grade?

She may not be the chef in the house, but every time I'm with her eclark's wife really cooks!!

I guess I am pretty lucky. We share a lot of the cooking, I do all the grilling. My wife can bake and make a damn good meal, so can i.
I'm in the same boat here. We share the cooking.. I mostly handle any meat cooking. My wife has this whole thing with touching raw meat. She braved it once to make this awesome chicken breast meal this one night for me early on in the marriage.. she couldnt even LOOK at chicken for the next month or so after. Not even if I cooked it and did everything. She wouldn't even eat it.

So now, since I like meat too much to for-go it.. I make sure and handle all of that. She handles all of the baking, desserts, side dishes..
I handle the main part.

It helps to have both of us that can and do handle meals. Easier to spread out the work of it so not one person is burdened with it every day.

MMMMMMM MEAT

I can't forgo the meat either....I like it even more if I was the one that killed/dressed/skinned/butchered the animal. My wife will take over once the quartering of the animal is done...before that, she's not to keen on helping. Definitely no field dressing for her.

Honestly, that's the easiest part of the whole process. Dirty, but easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520