• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why fight it?

Nice card, hope you took some money off the boss today.

Great rounds Ez! I usually shake my head and puke every time I see you with another "what's wrong with my swing" thread- so this is a breath of fresh air! Keep on truckin'. Make some putts and get your wedge game together and you'll be shooting par.

Great rounds Ez! I usually shake my head and puke every time I see you with another "what's wrong with my swing" thread- so this is a breath of fresh air! Keep on truckin'. Make some putts and get your wedge game together and you'll be shooting par.

It's like I have to do it though to learn more about my swing. In that latest thread I was trying to get the club too flat. My downswing plane was not too bad but my backswing plane was way too flat. I just got my hands up higher today in my backswing and was able to hit decent shots. It wasn't spectacular or anything but a whole lot easier with solid, semi-online shots. I learned a lot on my 1st go round the front, played it better the 2nd time around due to better management off the tee. Plus I'd seen those putts once already, lol.

OK, I gotta brag about my "shot of the day". That 445 par 5 is a total 90+* dogleg right. Meant to played straight out then straight at it pretty much. If you try to cut too much off from the tee you have to deal with a ton of trees and a big ditch down the right side. I drove it straight out but too far. It was halfway down a bank with a tree in front of me, branches just 4-5ft. off the ground. I hit my driver with the ball a foot above my feet from an open stance. The cut spin seemed to negate the sidehill lie and it went dead straight. I get down there expecting I might be in a bunker but there is my ball on the green in 2. I left a 40-50ft. R to L putt about 6inches shy for eagle.

Back on the bogey train today. I actually drove the ball well and came out the gate with birdie. Had real blowup hole for a triple that sent me for a loop. Iron striking was not nearly as good. No $hanks but a few fat and thin. I think the golf gods got me back for all the good luck yesterday. Today I got into some horrible lies, ball against tree, in footprint in bunker and what not. Bunker shots need some work. Seems like I pull off a great one or leave the GD thing in. Putting was decent. Really starting to warm up with this Scotty, which I'm very happy about since the last 2 I owned went south fast. 44+43 today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520