• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst excuse(s) heard on the course

Best ever was pulling up behind a group of guys hitting from the tips to a 215 yard par 3. Water short and right. The last guy was teeing up as we pulled up. I watch as he dunks 4 balls in a row into the water with a long iron. Then gets out his 3w, because it 'must be longer than stated on the marker'. Dunks another one and finally hits one that makes dry land, hits a rock and gets a lucky bounce up to a foot or so from the pin.

He whoops it up and yells at his playing partners that he is the only one putting for bird. Really? Lol

Could you imagine if that would have went in the cup?

Best ever was pulling up behind a group of guys hitting from the tips to a 215 yard par 3. Water short and right. The last guy was teeing up as we pulled up. I watch as he dunks 4 balls in a row into the water with a long iron. Then gets out his 3w, because it 'must be longer than stated on the marker'. Dunks another one and finally hits one that makes dry land, hits a rock and gets a lucky bounce up to a foot or so from the pin.

He whoops it up and yells at his playing partners that he is the only one putting for bird. Really? Lol

Could you imagine if that would have went in the cup?
Hole-in-11. At least he would have bought the drinks!

...but he probably would have had an excuse not to.

Buddy of mine always says "I paid to play, so I'm playing my way" whenever he moves the ball, or plays his practice shot, etc....

Best excuse I ever made: rope hooked a drive, looked at the above mentioned buddy and said "Damn, I'm starting to play like you." :D

I played 9 this morning and then another 9 this afternoon.
About the 3rd hole I started getting a damned migraine. I dont get the pain, just the sensitivity to light something horrible and occasionally that temporary blindness.
Not much fun trying to play when youre having to squint because the light is killing you :D
I started remembering this thread and decided to keep playing.
Actually did pretty well overall. Had a couple approach shots from 175ish out that rolled up to less than 5 foot from the hole, a 150yarder that was less than two feet, and a couple others that were 160ish out that were within 8 feet of the pin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301