• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTF - Speedgolf

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard about this on the radio on the way home from work. Turns out this year's World Champion is Irish (now there's a surprise!!) and it was played at Bandon Dunes recently

He won the two-day, 36-hole tournament with a score of 77 in 39 minutes, 31 seconds on Saturday, and a 79 in 41:24 on Sunday. A player's final score is tallied by adding strokes to time, so Hogan finished at 236.55.

A 77 in 39 mins! Holy Moly!

http://www.back9network.com/article/rob-hogan-wins-speedgolf-world-title/

They must be running between shots...

Who even comes up with this?

At most courses around here, if you're on pace for a < 4 hour round...that's light speed golf.

I can shoot a 25 in 9 minutes. Of course it would be only 5 holes, but I can do it.

I used to play that fast until I broke my arm. Was going for the World Speed Record. Hit a low stinger 3-iron off the tee on a 220 yard par 3. I ran so fast to the green, I passed my ball in the air. Standing on the green, the sun was in my eyes and the ball hit my arm breaking it!!!!!!! :D:D

I used to play that fast until I broke my arm. Was going for the World Speed Record. Hit a low stinger 3-iron off the tee on a 220 yard par 3. I ran so fast to the green, I passed my ball in the air. Standing on the green, the sun was in my eyes and the ball hit my arm breaking it!!!!!!! :D:D
Hit you in your bumpy haid you mean.

The guy Hogan who won was interviewed on the radio. He said it was a combination of running and golf skill. He mentioned that there were a few really good golfers playing and also a few former running champions. He talked about the importance of getting his heart rate down to be able to hit a shot and the importance of hitting it straight. I could just imaging trying to hit a shot puffing and wheezing, I'd get to the 2nd or 3rd hole and probably just keel over.

Biathlon is shooting and skiing over in Europe. Good off season practice for alpine soldiers.
And our version is short irons and grenades?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520