• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2016 NFL Season Talk

Seriously!

And to think just 4 years ago we were in the Super Bowl.
The NFL is funny. Three of the four teams that were in the conference championship games last year missed the playoffs this year.

The NFL is funny. Three of the four teams that were in the conference championship games last year missed the playoffs this year.

A number of years ago the NFL made parity a focus. We are seeing the results of this today. It is anybody's game now. You can go from last to first in a blink of an eye.

When I was a kid you could pretty much narrow the Super Bowl down to 6 teams before the first snap of the season.

A number of years ago the NFL made parity a focus. We are seeing the results of this today. It is anybody's game now. You can go from last to first in a blink of an eye.

When I was a kid you could pretty much narrow the Super Bowl down to 6 teams before the first snap of the season.

That's the thing about teams like the Browns and the Patriots.

The fact NE gets the last picks on the draft every year but still seems to find talent everywhere is amazing.

The fact Cleveland lands one of the first three picks every year and still sucks big time is even more amazing

I guess at the end it's just about a talent scout

That's the thing about teams like the Browns and the Patriots.

The fact NE gets the last picks on the draft every year but still seems to find talent everywhere is amazing.

The fact Cleveland lands one of the first three picks every year and still sucks big time is even more amazing

I guess at the end it's just about a talent scout

Talent evaluation has always been important. These days it is critical. We all know the effect that missing on a first round pick can have on an organization.

I also feel that continuity at every level really helps a team. Front office, coaching etc...

I think one of the Patriots strengths has been their ability to cut ties with a player at just the right time in their career. You never seem to see a player their past their prime.

I think one of the Patriots strengths has been their ability to cut ties with a player at just the right time in their career. You never seem to see a player their past their prime.
Agreed!

No, it's about Bill Belichick.

He is part of the equation for sure. His two greatest strengths as a coach are preparation and he is never afraid to head in a different direction if it is what he needs to do to win.

It is all about the right situation. Would Belichick be what he is without Tom Brady? Vice versa? Or the front office getting the necessary talent and working contracts.

To win in the NFL these days, it takes a village.

He is part of the equation for sure. His two greatest strengths as a coach are preparation and he is never afraid to head in a different direction if it is what he needs to do to win.

It is all about the right situation. Would Belichick be what he is without Tom Brady? Vice versa? Or the front office getting the necessary talent and working contracts.

To win in the NFL these days, it takes a village.

There is no doubt Belichick is an amazing coach, but remember he coached the Browns before NE and what was the result? The Browns sucked as well. So, objectively, he needs a team behind him (or at least the best QB in history?), and can't do magic with a mediocre roster

There is no doubt Belichick is an amazing coach, but remember he coached the Browns before NE and what was the result? The Browns sucked as well. So, objectively, he needs a team behind him (or at least the best QB in history?), and can't do magic with a mediocre roster

That is what I was saying. It takes a village= it takes everybody owner, Coaches, front office, players etc...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520